• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wife's First BP Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critter Getter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Although my wife has taken a couple of does with her bow and one yearling with a BP rifle in the last few years since she took up hunting, this is her first antlered buck. We spotted him a month ago running across our pasture but hadn't seen him since until yesterday afternoon. My wife Lorrie and I were hunting stands in the riverbottom of my farm when he come along and bedded down within 40 yards of her. After about half an hour he got up and walked within 20 yards of her. The .45 caliber TC Seneca sent her 190 grain maxi hunter into the boiler room and dropped him where he stood!! Haven't weighed him yet but he is a pig of a deer!! I have a doe tag to try and fill yet and couldn't be more happy for Lorrie than I am now. BTW....... This is her first time out for the year!!!! Greg. :)

Wonderful buck. You and her both shouted be quite proud.

If I ever get a buck like that it's going on the wall.

That's a dandy buck! My congratulations to her. :hatsoff:

I'd give a prime body part to be able to hunt that Iowa early muzzleloader season, but alas, non-residents are not allowed, even for the $600+ price tag that would come with it. :( I have been tempted to apply for the late Muzzleloader season in January though. I've read about some real slugs being taken then when they are hitting fields trying to build back some of the body weight they lost in the rut.

Many years ago I lived not far from you in Melbourne, IA on the other side of Des Moines.

Back