• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wife says I have a problem

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife is not a gun person but does support my muzzle loading passion travelling to club,State, National & International shoots. Hey it is all about travelling & meeting new lifetime friends also. I am a flint guy & with 2 safes & high double digit collection of custom & antique M/L you can never have too many

No problem just waltz in proud as a pea cock rifle in hand make a big deal out of it, then tell her you won it in a raffle. Or if the big box arrives before you get home act surprised and un knowing once you open it act super surprised and simply state I cannot believe I won this it was a long time ago I bought that raffle ticket from my friend Bill (everyone has a friend named Bill) He was selling them for the RMOGF (retired muzzleloader old geezer fund) and go about your business.
Bob's your uncle!

Going from one to four in two years is nothing. I ordered my Kibler and while waiting for delivery bought an un named flintlock. And just today bought a parker-hale which doesnt fit my collection. My wife gave up counting and doesn’t know i sold four this year to buy something else.

So a gun arrived the other day and wife said "been buying a lot of those lately haven't you". I said ya and headed to the garage. A few minutes later she comes out and starts asking about some of my guns so I show her a few. "She thinks they are pretty". She asks how many have you bought in the last year so I lay them out for her and she says you got a a problem and I answered ya only one flintlock and nothing in 50 or 58 and no smoothbores. She laughs and says "I don't know what that means" so I explain it to her and tell her I have sold the 45 TC and the new owner will pick it up next week she responds "how many are you gonna replace it with" and goes back inside. Maybe I do have a problem but with a wife as understanding as her its a manageable problem . Left to right this past years guns 54 TC Renegade,45 TC Hawken, 36 TC Seneca, 32 TC Seneca, 32 TC Cherokee and 32CVA Squirrel rifle. I plan on keeping a few and maybe getting rid of my duplicates in the next couple of years and picking up a nice custom 32 and 50 caliber flinter before I retire in a few years to keep me occupied. what have you guys found "that you had to have" this year pics please as I love looking at these guns.
My wife said my gun collecting hobby was just plain silly, and she said in simple English that I was WRONG. Well, after all these years, I guess being wrong was bound to happen sometime.....

Just finished discussion with the bride, bought another online this afternoon. Her comment, OK. That'll cost me somewhere down the line. Fortunately, she likes to shoot as well, mostly unmentionables but warming up to BP.

moose, funny you should mention 3-4 wives my buddy is on his 3rd, problem is they are all the same temperament, do not like hunting, always winning, that sort of thing we went early muzzle loader season for 2 days. I shot a nice 8 pt the first evening, the second day I told him he could have my stand that there were another 8 and 2 sixes one a really nice deer high wide and heavy beamed that I was going to sit on the lower bench with a camera and see what the woods would give me pictures of. Also told him they were coming in early and right about 5 p.m. from the pictures on the trail cam, We were in the woods well before day light I settled in for a quiet day and perhaps a boom from him. Well about 3 p.m. here he comes said the PIA called him on the cell and he had to go no emergency just come home. So the next day I go pull the chip in the camera where he was hunting and exactly at 5 p.m. there was the big 6 and the 8 He lives about 2 hours away so I sent him the picture and said told you so.

One and only wife for 38 years. I buy her jewelry, she gets me guns. Joke is when she runs off with her boyfriend she can hock my guns for travel money or I hock her jewelry when I take of with the girlfriend. She's a good woman, got me an hour's stick time in a P-51D Mustang, "Crazy Horse" for our tenth anniversary.

moose, funny you should mention 3-4 wives my buddy is on his 3rd, problem is they are all the same temperament, do not like hunting, always winning, that sort of thing we went early muzzle loader season for 2 days. I shot a nice 8 pt the first evening, the second day I told him he could have my stand that there were another 8 and 2 sixes one a really nice deer high wide and heavy beamed that I was going to sit on the lower bench with a camera and see what the woods would give me pictures of. Also told him they were coming in early and right about 5 p.m. from the pictures on the trail cam, We were in the woods well before day light I settled in for a quiet day and perhaps a boom from him. Well about 3 p.m. here he comes said the PIA called him on the cell and he had to go no emergency just come home. So the next day I go pull the chip in the camera where he was hunting and exactly at 5 p.m. there was the big 6 and the 8 He lives about 2 hours away so I sent him the picture and said told you so.
I work with a crew that is mostly women. And I have an older brother that is on his forth wife. You seem to see folks who have multi spouse marry the same person over and over, faces and names change but the personality linger

50 years and counting with my wife. She is a good woman. We both indulge each other's hobbies and interests even though I have no interest in some of her's and likewise her interests in some of mine. It balances out.

I agree that collecting (guns, cars, stamps - anything) makes no sense at all.
But it is what I do.
Two women have lived with this. Lost the first to an interaction with a semi. After I realized it was actually OK for me to still be alive I found my current, and last. Love. She doesn't care for guns.
Yeah, I got a big pile of junk. But it is just what I do.
And we get along.

Back