• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Why we believe..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Spence, I know... That's how I found out about the video -- it's one of the most popular fakes on the internet done as a class project. IIRC they only needed a few hundred hits on the internet to get an "A." This one has 44 MILLION! I like it much better in any case.

As almost two decades old it seems, I'd presume it's a real mommy bunny protecting the youngins.

No thanks, it looks like things are going to be attacked and eaten alive or something and I'm not interested in that...

Wow! Talk about escaping the jaws of death. A half dozen lions and a crocodile too. I've never seen anything like that before. Just nature taking it's course. Thanks Clyde

zimmerstutzen said:
There are some conclusions drawn from "modern scientific experiments" that do not logically rule out the old wives tales. For example banking prime in a flintlock. A single hot wire inserted into prime does not mimic a line of multiple sparks from a well tuned lock.

Hi Zimmerstutzen,
I just noticed your message after I got back in town and thought I should explain why I used the hot wire. At least I assume it was my experiment that you were speaking about.

My use of the hot wire was to eliminate variables that a flint/pan ignition would have added to the test. I always try to eliminate all variables except the one I want to measure. I recognize, as you do, that flint vs wire ignition are not equal to each other, but felt that wire ignition would lessen the undesirable variables. Anyway I did not intend to suggest that wire and flint ignition were equals.

Best regards,
Pletch

Latest posts

Back