• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Why so difficult?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delta24

32 Cal
Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked before but would like to know why almost all Civil War reproduction arms are "out of stock" everywhere? (I'm guessing Covid?) Online, gun shops and if your super lucky you'll find one used and ridiculously overpriced? Is there an end in sight to the shortage? Thank you for responses Al

I think this might be the new way of life bud. You’ve got less hands on deck in the work place. Materials are harder to come by, and demand is up. Usually when demand goes up and stays up for a considerable amount of time, they’ll open up new production lines. Production expansion is expensive though, and they have to be sure that it will be worth it in the long run. Problem is; if you can’t find enough experienced workers to operate what you already have, you definitely can’t operate on an expanded scale. Sucks all around I’m telling you!

The shortages end when the government stops paying to not work. You keep hearing about "jobs that Americans won't do". That will end in a hurry when the food stamp card does not work anymore.

Like many European countries, Italy has HUGE industrial production shortfalls post-covid. Our 'toys' are way down the list of industrial recoveries, and labour was hit mightily, too. Making guns like ours is a very people-dependent industry, and lots of people were not only laid off, but actually died.

Be patient - it will come back, but not yet.

The shortages end when the government stops paying to not work.

Amen, Bro. In my area there is hardly a business anywhere that isn't looking for help. One employer told me the people he does hire are often playing the "unemployment game". Meaning, they take the job, work a certain number of required weeks then quit to collect unemployment payments the sit around doing nothing.

It's the way of the world now. I've come to expect to not find things when I go to stores. Simple things too just aren't there. Demand ate up the stock, and when companies can't find workers because why work when you can get paid to sit on your arse, products done get built. Couple this with off shore supply chains breaking down and you see where it has gone.

We are just one shortage from total chaos. We've seen the fights over toilet paper. Just wait until some real important product disappears, something like a life saving medicine, or even bacon. Hell will ensue. It's coming my friend

Some of the problem is finding people who know how to work. If you have a business will you hire them? I’m not trying to disparage anyone but if you are hiring do you want to teach someone to show up on time? Do the next step without you standing there every day? Know enough to not hurt themselves? Unfortunately there are many who have no idea how to work. The country is a far cry from the day when many of us grew up on a farm or in town with parents running a small business where you could learn to work.

Back