Why not Pyrodex in a flintlock?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Gordoncourtney

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi,
Yep, the border is open and Macron pissing the people, that's our new way of life... :D :D
'bout the temps, it's today dark gray and 1°C (~33F) for La Rochelle, maybe something like 7 or 8°C for Biarritz (~44 or 46°F)...

For powder the grinder must turn very slowly and have heavy wheels (stones are the best) :
the slower the grinding and mixing and the finer and more homogeneous the mixture, the better...
Maybe with a speed reduction on the wiper motor. I also believe that the Chinese from Ali Express sell very slow little motors: they sell everything for nothing, pretty good for testing.....

Thanks for the pictures. ;)

Have a nice evening.

Erwan.

Good evening Erwan been trying to find you. Yes. I liked your slow speed thought. The little geared 25 rpm £13 motor arrived a couple of days ago and I welded up a frame I did a batch of wet charcoal , quite good but I think a tumbler is better for small scale production , not that I will be making BP without a police permit But I do a lot of art painting and I found the charcoal made very smooth paint. You never know where things take you a nice bit of kit. It’s cold here like every where in France Cannaries are ok so stay warm I wish you well I did a short video clip but too large to send , been advised not to publish email addresses

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 11

Erwan

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I think a tumbler is better for small scale production , not that I will be making BP without a police permit

Hi Gordoncourtney,
Sure, you never won't do that without police agreement...
You know that the alembics to distillate the cognac are forbidden here, in Charente and Charente-Maritime ?
So, we don't either, we'll never do that...
WorldAtlas%2BMap%2Bof%2BPoitou-Charentes.gif

😁

Gordoncourtney

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi Gordoncourtney,
Sure, you never won't do that without police agreement...
You know that the alembics to distillate the cognac are forbidden here, in Charente and Charente-Maritime ?
So, we don't either, we'll never do that...
WorldAtlas%2BMap%2Bof%2BPoitou-Charentes.gif

😁

Thanks Erwan for your reply great English french relations My little 12v motor is really not man enough. The 240v one I had gets too hot after 5 mins. Roll on the summer and car boot sales ha ha The charcoal need plenty of water or this poor little motor grinds to a halt. It’s good progress My intentions is to have it in the garden by wind solar or even a water wheel powered by a pond pump We had plenty of copper stills some 5 m in diameter but while I was in Nigeria the Dalston arm of Willows Francis was closed and the copper scrapped. Such is life. I’ll trade a stone mill for a still anytime. I might find a french one on my travels. Add to that several tons of pure cocaine went down the drain Hope you see short clip As you can see I paint a lot. Be great to create some original paints. , and if you believe that you will believe our Borris did not have a party at no 10 all getting brams and list, but a meeting of 100 to discuss the Colvid Crisis I wish you well, we might meet with an exchange of flints and goodies one fine day

Attachments

• CADC48E8-CC2D-469B-9263-24F05FDEEE97.jpeg
    CADC48E8-CC2D-469B-9263-24F05FDEEE97.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 8