• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Why no wooden Colt grips

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm sure it's no shock to all of you but I just found out that the wood grip for an 1851 Uberti will not work on a 1851 Pietta. I did find a grip at Taylors and ordered it but I'm sure ?I'll be getting a next email telling me there are on backordered even though it says in stock.
The Uberti one piece grips will work on the Pietta, but you have to remove an 1/8" or so of the top of the grip were lt meets the receiver. I ordered the same $13 grip, comes unfinished and rough. I had taken the one piece grips off my Uberti Leech & Rigdon to try on my Pietta 1851. I saw that a slight amount of wood removal would work. But in the meantime, I made my own grips and I'm happy with it. The DGW Uberti grips are just sitting in the work bench.

Well I'm sure it's no shock to all of you but I just found out that the wood grip for an 1851 Uberti will not work on a 1851 Pietta. I did find a grip at Taylors and ordered it but I'm sure ?I'll be getting a next email telling me there are on backordered even though it says in stock.
I have had unengraved plain .36 Pietta cylinders on backorder from Taylor's since 2020

Back