• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Why is the Deerstalker such an impossible unicorn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Messer262

32 Cal
Reaction score
Introduction:
Good day. I’m new here but not to BP hunting. My first deer I harvested at 11 with a Lyman Great Plains rifle flintlock. Flintlock season has always been my favorite due to the weather and ceremony of it.
I still have and use that rifle but also bought a Lyman deerstalker. Number of years ago. I would usually load it to my friends son to use and another friend was talking about the same rifle the other day saying he has been looking for one for a long time with no luck. He has been on waiting lists and no luck.
Why is this rifle impossible to find? I have checked everywhere including the marketplaces like gunbroker arms list etc and not a single one.
i could find a original colt python easier. What is the deal with this rifle being so scarce. My buddy wants to buy mine but if I can’t replace it down the line I’m more likely just to loan it to him for the time he wants to use it.
does anyone have any contacts or know where he could find one. He wants the RH flintlock deerstalker.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately you all are much more knowledgeable than I so I won’t be able to contribute too much here so will most likely be relegated to the shadows.
Thanks.
E

there ones 2 on gunbroker didnt see any list today... got 2 deer stalkers 54 and a 50 cal if you can find one get the old model...

I saw those on gb but those are both percussion. I am looking for the 50cal flintlock. Thanks though.
which is the old model? The one with the steel sights? Those seem to be the ones that are the currently back ordered able models. The one I have has the fiber sights and I like those sights quite a bit as they make for great quick shots.

Check Midsouthshooterssupply. They had them in stock the last time I was on there.

I saw those on gb but those are both percussion. I am looking for the 50cal flintlock. Thanks though.
which is the old model? The one with the steel sights? Those seem to be the ones that are the currently back ordered able models. The one I have has the fiber sights and I like those sights quite a bit as they make for great quick shots.
try the RMC peep sights like the peep sights better then the factory sights...

i had two of the left hand fl in lyman deerstalker in 50 cal. i sold them this year. i have a left hand fl cva hawkens in 50 cal. i bought it an a auction two years ago for $125. it had a rusty inside barrel that i cleaned out with a bronze brush and ballistol. i use rmc fiber optic sights, not the peep sight.

Hello Hello -
i have a NEVER SHOT Lyman Deerstalker 50 cal set up with Lyman 57 receiver sights and globe front sight -
SN # A 5070166 - i want 450.00 for it - you pay shipping - bob knab -live in Michigan - thankyou

Back