• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Why is everything out of stock??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not Monty Python . a pre Monty Python show called At Last The 1948 Show , 2 of the cast went on to form Monty Python , 54 years ago I met the cast in a Woolworths shop , buying shaving soap sticks for making custard pie filling for a pie in the face sketch .

I think if this forum was in spoken English many of us would have difficulty understanding each other .

When I was posted on an exchange in the States, some of us were on weekend R&R and I asked an attractive American girl where she was from, "Maarlun" was her reply which I couldn't de-cypher. One of the American guys told me "Maryland" and I just shook my head laughing.
It was funny really, American women loved listening to we Aussies talking, but we soon realised that we talked too fast for them to understand us.

Back at you Aussie, I’ve met a few of you boys too. When they weren’t drunk I could almost understand the language… which means not often, just enough to know when my chain is getting yanked. Sir…
I know that now, when I watch TV shows on PBS from Australia or New Zealand, I need to have the closed captions on or I wouldn't have any clue as to the dialog.

I got a bell that says my post was deleted for being political.
This song is not political, it is jest at the end of the world.
Maybe you should delete the entire thread. Its all political.
Some people

I know that now, when I watch TV shows on PBS from Australia or New Zealand, I need to have the closed captions on or I wouldn't have any clue as to the dialog.

Then we have the Aussie "Strine" like "Ow ya going mate" delivered in a staccato machine gun burst.
Our national Slang could be used as a military code and keeps changing over the years.

Bush folk have different accents to their City counterparts, in far north Queensland the locals finish almost every sentence with "Eh". Outback Aussies habitually use the term "Bloke" instead of "Guy"; "Orses an Dawgs" pronunciation is commonplace in the Bush.

When I use to go home for Leave it was a refreshing change, nothing had changed thank gawd, I remember some ol Blokes talking about some changes in the Laws; and one of them chuckled saying "what Laws" we all understood what he meant.

Its strange how embedded a persons accent and pronunciation can be, I was packed off to a boarding school in my boyhood to be ejumakated, then my years in the Army happened; but with all that I found myself lapsing back into my boyhood speech patterns every leave break back home; Horses were Orses and Dogs were Dawgs after all.

Kiwis (New Zealanders) think Aussies say sex for 6 , feesh for fish, Aussies think Kiwis say sux for 6 and fush for fish , and new immigrants form Asia don't understand any one , because they have been taught perfect English 🤣 🤣 🤣

Noo Zeeelunn, where Men are Men, Women are lonely and the Sheep are constantly nervous !

As for Asian folk, their English is what we call "Thingrish", they're generally hopeless at pronouncing the letter "R" in words and sentences, as in the word Room will come out Loom.

During WW2 the Japanese had some English speaking Radio operators attempting to masquerade as Americans and Europeans, the Australian Signals Corps introduced a number of "L" and "V" centric words (mainly Aussie place names); and used them to authenticate unknown callsigns.
One of the most used was "Woollamalloo" which by all accounts provided considerable entertainment to the Aussie radio ops, "Woooraamaaroo" etc.

When my unit was deployed to different parts of SE Asia (including a 2 year back to back posting in Thailand in the 70's) we use to have fun asking the local girls to pronounce Aussie "L" and "V" words; "Walentine day" instead of "Valentine day" etc; and they laughed as much as we did.

It wasnt a racist thing and the girls knew it, they'd keep practising the words over and over again but never managed to master them.
I remember getting woken up at night by my then Thai girlfriend Daeng (we use to get a day and night R&R every week up north near the Lao border near Ubon) with her practising the multi L and V words.
Damn it was funny and I loved her, we married and had some wonderful years together back in Aussie land before I lost her. To this day I still see her in my grown up daughter, only 3 years old when her momma died.

Last edited:
Covid did indeed hit Italy quite hard generally as well as the Pietta staff specifically. I speak with Alessandro occasionally and truly believe him when he says he is trying to meet production demands but between the backlog, his staffing, etc it’s going to be many years before we see some particular models and variants. I also would not anticipate seeing any of their stainless steel models anytime soon, if ever again. Which is a real bummer because I have a few stainless models on my own short list.

I don’t speak for Pietta and the information I share is largely based on my perception and “reading between the lines” on these brief and infrequent correspondence with Alessandro. I’m not super plugged in, I just enjoy enough of a rapport and access to get occasional murky insight into what’s going on.

I wish I had a better prognosis. I wish you luck in finding what you seek.

Is there really a "shortage" of commonly manufactured BP guns? Or is it like the so called shortage of .22 rimfire.................. Or a so called shipping back up due to covid? Ask the man APPOINTED thats in charge of commerce: Opps, that right. He's too busy breastfeeding his baby..........................................

Is there really a "shortage" of commonly manufactured BP guns? Or is it like the so called shortage of .22 rimfire.................. Or a so called shipping back up due to covid? Ask the man APPOINTED thats in charge of commerce: Opps, that right. He's too busy breastfeeding his baby..........................................

It is all part of a conspiracy by manufacturers to keep people from buying their products.

Howdy all. Why in the world is everything back ordered and out of stock? Seems impossible to find a 1858 remington sheriff stainless. I've checked for used, looked up KC's next gun show (months away), been to cabelas and basspro, scoured the internet. The only good thing to come out of all this, is finding this group to learn from and talk about guns. So I guess my first post is just a plea to help me find this dang revolver that seems to be a unicorn at the moment. Really like the look of the Pietta with checkered grip, but hell if I'm a beggar and going to be picky. Thanks in advance!

Well, there was that virus thing, . . . .

what i have found while searching for stuff is that alot of stuff came from where the war is,,Russia Ukraine,,the boxes say brazil threw midwest,,,,but a lot of brass comes from over there,,and if you go threw ebay its still gettable

I'm new to the hobby. I have pretty much everything I need except percussion caps. I really need Remington #10 caps for my new Pietta 1860 Army .44 Caliber revolver. Just need to keep searching around every day until I find some.

I'm new to the hobby. I have pretty much everything I need except percussion caps. I really need Remington #10 caps for my new Pietta 1860 Army .44 Caliber revolver. Just need to keep searching around every day until I find some.
proudpirate, If I may suggest, if you find #11 caps? Buy them! Best of luck to you. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back