• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Why is everything out of stock??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KC Contractor

32 Cal
Reaction score
Howdy all. Why in the world is everything back ordered and out of stock? Seems impossible to find a 1858 remington sheriff stainless. I've checked for used, looked up KC's next gun show (months away), been to cabelas and basspro, scoured the internet. The only good thing to come out of all this, is finding this group to learn from and talk about guns. So I guess my first post is just a plea to help me find this dang revolver that seems to be a unicorn at the moment. Really like the look of the Pietta with checkered grip, but hell if I'm a beggar and going to be picky. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• rgssh44lc-sheriff-ss.jpg
    rgssh44lc-sheriff-ss.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 30
Welp...thanks for the replies. Didn't know Italy got hit so hard with Covid and hasn't gotten back on track yet. Pretty sad. Guess I'll just throw that model on the back burner for now and grab some others I can find. Appreciate the info. If you all see any pop up though I'd love to snag it!

No stainless here but check these out if you are open to the idea of a non stainless Sheriff . I've used these guys before with no problems. If interested I would call them to confirm availability. They are available according to their website. Just a thought. Thanks, Z
1858 Remmington New Army 1858 Remington New Army 5.5 Uberti/Cimarron
1858 Remmington New Army 1858 Remington New Army 5.5 Uberti

Howdy all. Why in the world is everything back ordered and out of stock? Seems impossible to find a 1858 remington sheriff stainless. I've checked for used, looked up KC's next gun show (months away), been to cabelas and basspro, scoured the internet. The only good thing to come out of all this, is finding this group to learn from and talk about guns. So I guess my first post is just a plea to help me find this dang revolver that seems to be a unicorn at the moment. Really like the look of the Pietta with checkered grip, but hell if I'm a beggar and going to be picky. Thanks in advance!
There is a stainless .36 Sheriff on GunBroker now. Probably as close for a stainless piece as you will get for a while.

Have you seen those freight carrying ships offshore,the container ships? Today I saw a train with over 300 of those containers just sitting, like the distributor said "Don't hurry we can't deliver anyway".The transportation and distribution of goods is not running like a well oiled machine. You can blame the fear of Covid but I think there are some "experts" (in Washington) that had their incompetent fingers in it. Just a thought!

Tough for new people just getting into black powder shooting, rendezvous, or other reenacting. Powder and percussion caps are not to be found around here. Three years ago on Ebay there were pages and pages of all kinds of period reenacting stuff. Not much to speak of now. A lot of the specialty sutlers for reenactors have very little stock. A lot of the people that make these items can't get the materials to make them. On some of the websites 75% of the items are out of stock. Tough out there right now.

Covid/politics/panic buying/hoarding.
Also, rioting, defunding the police movements, election scandal, logistic problems due to people being furloughed (like I was), laid off or permanently losing their job or business. Factories were shut down or forced to operate on reduced shifts. Obtaining and/or shipping materials has also been a problem.

Hey KC I just looked and there are some on Gunbroker.com

Back