• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Why I don't worry....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remington’s test for their rolling block(I know it’s cartridge, just usin’ for example) was 200 grains of powder behind 32 ball(bullets).

In their words ‘nothing unusual happened to the gun’.

That appears too be a smooth bore, although he says it’s rifled at the end of the video.

I sure would like too know more about the barrel... metal type and such.

I would love too see that testing done with a “Factory” built gun..
Just for farts and laughs...

In my mind.... a smooth bore builds less pressure than a rifled barrel..

Interesting video....

I bet that they used a recognized gun barrel grade of steel, not 12L14 like most traditional barrel makers.

Fleener

Even if the barrel didn't fail under his "insult testing" process during the first seven or eight minutes of the video it could be weakened to the point that it will fail later under normal use.

I removed the link to the video.

First, the gun that was shown is an in-line gun which is against the MLF rules.

Second, the video is totally irresponsible showing dangerous powder loads including smokeless powder and bullet loading methods that can kill a person and acting like doing these things can be totally safe.

I think it would be irresponsible for the forum to allow this sort of thing to be shown here.

I'll also ask you members, if you find this or similar videos that totally disregard safely loading and shooting a muzzleloader, do not post it on our forum. I don't care if you post it on some other forum but if you do, and someone gets seriously hurt, maimed or killed because you did, I hope you can live with yourself.

I removed the link to the video.

First, the gun that was shown is an in-line gun which is against the MLF rules.

Second, the video is totally irresponsible showing dangerous powder loads including smokeless powder and bullet loading methods that can kill a person and acting like doing these things can be totally safe.

I think it would be irresponsible for the forum to allow this sort of thing to be shown here.

I'll also ask you members, if you find this or similar videos that totally disregard safely loading and shooting a muzzleloader, do not post it on our forum. I don't care if you post it on some other forum but if you do, and someone gets seriously hurt, maimed or killed because you did, I hope you can live with yourself.
My sincere apologies Z.
I didn't see it so but take on board your admonition.

B.

Latest posts

Back