• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Why Dawn Dish detergent

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know that it's "better" than anything else, but Dawn is the best-selling dishwashing liquid in the US, so lots of people know about it. In fact, I'd say Dawn has become nearly as synonymous with dishwashing soap here as Kleenex has become synonymous with facial tissue or Q-Tip with cotton swabs. "Throw some Dawn in the mix" is easier than "Throw some liquid dishwashing detergent in the mix." :dunno: :thumb:

Dawn is allegedly a concentrated grease cutting soap. Its mild. Often its the soap we have by the kitchen sink. I have Method brand and it works just fine too.

Any grease cutting soap will do from Murphy's Oil Soap to Dawn Dishwashing soap to Awesome at the Dollar Store. The water in the mix cuts the black powder fouling and the detergent cuts the grease and oils used for patch lubricant.

Do you have any video of the washing of a wild cat in dawn dish soap?
No but we have some still pictures on my wifes I pad, Ill try and get one and post it. Actually the kitten was so small it really wasn't a problem. We washed it every day for three days and every third day for two weeks. The first time the water turned completely red from the blood from the bites and we got over forty fleas off of it, the next day we got twenty plus, the third day we got five. After that we washed it every third day to get rid of any eggs. It was abanded in our barn by the mother cat and after having it crawl around meowing for four hours we realized the mother wasn't coming back for it. We fed it with an eye dropper a mixture of milk, egg yoke, and a few drops of olive oil.

It doesn't smell bad

It is readily available, even on Matinicus Island

It's consistent in quality

You can wash pots, pans, dishes

Mix it with sugar and remove dirty grease from your hands
Bonus points for saying "Matinicus." Most here have never heard of it and have no idea where you are talking about.

Latest posts

Back