• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Why are or aren't you an NMLRA member?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, I sent a note to the NMLRA HQ, inquiring about the absence of the Field Rep Directory on the website. I expect I will hear from them tomorrow. Dealing with new website format.

Its up to us to support the NMLRA Programs such as the Territorials. The Territorials are open to all comers, whether one is a member or not. We are just trying to encourage a sport endangered by growing older and by new ideas in the USA.

Unfortunately, the Western National Matches had to be canceled due to lack of attendance. Only 100 competitors in 2018. Its been a money-losing event since it started.

Indiana does have a fair number of NMLRA members, but so does Ohio & Pennsylvania. The national matches are attended by everyone who finds it worthy to drive the distance. For fellow shooter, Randy Ingram in Jacksonville FL, its a 13 hour drive to Friendship. For my friend, Bill Mapoles near Fort Huachuca, AZ, its a 28 hour drive, but they both attend the Spring and Fall Matches every year. Its important to their life as it is for the thousand or more other competitors, tradesmen, dealers, and buckskinners who find the same value. Remember, our organization is almost at "half-strength" of what it was in 1987.

Buck Buchanan
Field Rep - NC
NMLRA
Since the NMLRA is not paying the expences for NMLRA Personnel to go to Pheonix that should save thousands of dollars annually.

I suspect the pic is from a Kid’s shoot. They run one with .22s and one with small side hammer muzzleloader. The purpose is to introduce young folks to shooting sports. My friend spends much of his time at Friendship teaching kids on the offhand range. At the Spring and Fall Shoots, there won’t be rimfires like the pic shows. It’s possible that the web sites text tells about some of these extra kids shoots.
Regards,
Pletch

Correct me if I am wrong - isn't this 2019? Wouldn't that make it 119 years?
I fail to see how this is even relevant. ...

Youse knuckleheads.....my age, it depends when my birthday is.

Feeble me , attempting to inlet a long tang Hawken breech plug. Do you guys know a young female, say, about 21 or so, to assist a geezer in a number of tasks?? :D
. :ghostly:

Youse knuckleheads.....my age, it depends when my birthday is.

Feeble me , attempting to inlet a long tang Hawken breech plug. Do you guys know a young female, say, about 21 or so, to assist a geezer in a number of tasks?? :D
. :ghostly:
Well, that is a consideration, but not really the issue at hand. :):):)
It's the claim of knowledge that doesn't deliver - ever...

As to the rest, look around - you never know what you can find. You come across as a nice fellow and the ladies like that.

Nice guys finish last.....still.

Was cleaning up around the house and found my old Muzzle Blasts. I may join just for the magazine. Any other muzzleloader magazines out there that are "decent"?

Latest posts

Back