• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

why am i so addicted to revolvers ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For older folks it started with the Republic serials on little B&W TV's--the Cowboys who
guaranteed justice with revolvers that put the bad guys down in a hail of bullets and a
cloud of black smoke. It is the traditional handgun that Americans revere. Of course
the bad guys loved them because they were reliable and left no spent anythings at the
scene of events.

This sounds good. Am I like n my Colt s Patent repeaters of pocket, belt and holster calibers?! Oh, you know I am! , and that s true enough!

I ve got m all, and I don t mind saying, I don t have enough of them. I have at least an example each of all the production Colts. I fire an example each.

Where I am, I can fire at will! I fire about three times a week. I have targets set up all over the place. I have all the appendages for them, I fire light, medium and heavy elongated balls cast from the Colt molds. I can size down and up the balls for a perfect fit/performance affect. The light pocket (48 Pocket), I charge it with 1/2d /120 to the lb light elongated. I charge the pistol without disassembling it. It performs r e a l well at 50yds. The light elongated ball hot butter knifes right through a 2'' fir board where the round ball only penetrates half into the board.

I recently got ahold of a 1862 pocket mold for the improved pockets I have (4'' 49 Pocket). GREAT! just g r e a t .

1- picture shows,- Pistol- Improved Pocket, 4''. Shot fired from 70yds. Aim point was 60'' low (aim/hit point is zero at 220yds!!! 12' group). Missed target center by 13 ''. Ball,- 70g cast from a Colt mold from 1862. The fired one, recovered, next to an unfired one. Charged w/14g. Penetrated 2.2 7/8'' pine boards.
2- Target array. I fire at it from as far as 300yds. The bafflke target is for penetration results and so on.

Attachments

• 2021-06-30 18.23.11.jpg
    2021-06-30 18.23.11.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 2021-08-06 16.26.44.jpg
    2021-08-06 16.26.44.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 45
Back