• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whoops!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad things worked out for you ... out of curiosity, did he use an end mill?

No, just a drill press to do it. He used the hole I drilled as a center, and it just worked out as really not a Whoops. I am waiting on the rest of the parts, but should be able to test shoot it at the next match.

I thought I would post some updated pics on this build I have going on.

It is my first one, so go easy on me! Working on inletting the butt plate, and I am chasing it and it seems it will never end.

There is still so much more to do on it. I can't wait to shoot it, and just might at this weeks club shoot. It is pretty exciting to build something that will function and fire. I have made mistakes along the way, but that is part of the learning. So far the butt plate is the hardest. and it's iron and won't bend.

IMG_0411.JPG
IMG_0412.JPG
IMG_0413.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG
IMG_0415.JPG
IMG_0416.JPG
IMG_0417.JPG
IMG_0418.JPG

Last edited:
As a toolmaker for many years, and having drilled 1000s of holes, this is how I did it. To begin w/....a center drill is only used when the workpiece is clamped in a milling machine or radial drill press.

After the hole location is dimpled w/ a center punch, a small drill {1/16} dia is first used because it's limber and and will be pulled over by the dimple. ...but the workpiece should be moved until the drill runs true. The pilot drill size has to be larger than the web of the final drill.,....Fred

Back