• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Wholesale Hunter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stony Broke

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone have any luck with this company ? I ordered a Pedersoli pistol from them...through Gunbroker....and I'm starting to regret it. I got several messages from them that are basically saying they are too busy to pack and ship things at this point. It's been about 10 days since I ordered it, and nothing has been done from their end so far, other than the messages saying they were busy. They say they are even too busy to answer e-mails or the phone !

Years ago I tried to do business with them on auction sites. They were listing items very cheaply, but then appeared to be bidding up their own items near the end of the auctions to full retail. I filed a complaint and they no longer listed on that site for some time. I will not do business with them now for any reason. Ethics matter.

ADK Bigfoot

They replied to an e-mail from me today and said the pistol I ordered was on backorder and the maker hasn't provided them with an eta...
Bottom line is they are selling things they don't have !

I never ordered from them, but I never liked their inflated manner of shipping costs, guess they ain't heard tell of them there flat rate shipping boxes the Postal Office done has now. I always thought them to be a bit shady as numerous times on Gunbroker they have multiple items ,all the same at different prices, and when you call or check their website many items are not in stock,I stay away.

Stony Broke, my unsolicited advice is to cancel the Pedersoli pistol order. Then shop and buy elsewhere. If these folks charge you a restocking fee on an item they do not have and could not ship; dispute that on your credit card if you paid with a credit card.

From posts above it reads like they have poor ethics and bad customer service.

They should change their company name to: Top Retail Price

Last edited:
A few years ago they were the only place I could find the 12 ga. slugs I wanted. They were pretty quick min their response. I've since moved on to BP hunting so I haven't ordered from them lately.

Cancel the order ASAP. If in 10 days they can't tell you the item is in stock they are bad at business. Small company or big, telling you they are too busy to pack it, and then tell you it's not in stock after 10 days...WOW.

They should never have listed an item on an auction site that was not in stock and in their possesion. I think that is un-ethical from the start. I would cancel the order if you can.

I have to agree, that it is unethical to sell things they don't even have in stock. We exchanged a few e-mails, and I guess I'll wait for a while to see if they can come up with it....and if not I'll cancel the whole order and move on. I actually think Gunbroker should control this situation with them, as they get a lot of poor feedback and need to be monitored by the company listing their products.

Looking at the Pedersoli website the below are the places who sell their products in the U.S. How can Wholesale Hunter be selling them? Are they getting them from one of the below and re-selling they sell them?

Full distributors
BEAUCHAMP & SON INC., DBA Flintlock's Etc
DIXIE GUN WORKS INC.
CHERRY'S FINE GUNS
TAYLOR'S AND COMPANY, INC.com
Importers and distributors
CABELA'S
CIMARRON ARMS CO.

I actually got an e-mail from them saying they had shipped the pistol ! It is supposed to arrive here today...we'll just have to wait and see. Their price was better than other places I saw one advertised, and they were kind of hard to find at most places. I hope they come through as they should, it has been about 5 weeks or so since I ordered and paid for it.....got my fingers crossed !!

This illustrates what I had speculated after looking at Gunbroker recently. That a number of "auction" listings are for retail available guns, the postings are using stock photos. They obviously have to purchase the guns from a distributor and make a profit on them so you are not going to end up getting any kind of great deal. "Shipping and processing" fees are common in these transactions. You are much better off purchasing from a reputable store. Gunbroker in general seems to be the worst place to look for muzzleloaders, The prices tend to be above what seems to be regular market value.

I frequent pawn shops looking for all kinds of guns recently looked at a unmentionable revolver right on the tag it stated the price was set by gun broker and listed on their site.

Stony,

Keep us posted. How did you pay? Check, MO, credit card? You have legal options if you do not receive the item. Also, don't neglect the state attorney general, customer protection division. Whenever I have involved mine the issue resolved itself very quickly.

I frequent pawn shops looking for all kinds of guns recently looked at a unmentionable revolver right on the tag it stated the price was set by gun broker and listed on their site.
I stopped going to pawn shops after I did some research on items I was looking for and realized pawn shop prices were almost as high as new retail. Why would I buy used when I can get new for an extra ten to twenty bucks?

They did receive the pistol, and I got it delivered to me. All together it too just a little over a month....but they finally did come through. It would sure be a lot better though if they were not allowed to post stuff for sale they don't even have. The hammer pull and trigger pull was terrible on the pistol I did receive, and after a couple calls, I sent the lock to Lee Shaver to have it tuned properly. It has to get better than what it was !!

kje54, I have gotten some really great deals in pawn shops over the years for instance bought a unmentionable sniper military rifle very rare find complete with the optics. for a dirt cheap price guess it is in what your looking for.

Back