• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Who went to the CLA in Lexington KY?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatchet-Jack

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I spent the day down at the CLA show today. I'm curious were any of you there?

I got to watch Jim finish this SMR in .36 which later one lucky guy one in a raffle.
PXL_20210814_153559333.MP.jpg

Mike Miller was there displaying some of his works of art.
PXL_20210814_170911200.MP.jpg

Here's a few pics of some rifles that caught my eye.
PXL_20210814_130527532.jpg

PXL_20210814_152622259.jpg

PXL_20210814_145325235.jpg

Wow. Such talent, and a chance to talk to masters and learn. I'd have liked to have been there; Mike Miller is one man I'd like to meet. I've admired him and his work a long, long time. And we might be kinfolks on my Mother's side. And he could be kin to Leon Miller, the Kirbyville, Texas 'smith who showed me how to stock a muzzleloader. It's a small world. And very beautiful at times.

Last edited:
Got to spend the last two nights on foot patrol in downtown Indianapolis due to the surge in violence over the last few months but my High School teacher who is building the rifle that I found the stock and barrel for in another post went. He and another former teacher were going to pick some items up to start the build.

Went yesterday, been going for 22 years and for the first time they had wide isles and everybody in 1 room. Not sure if it wasn’t as crowded or if the open more open space made it look that way. I’m stocked up on planks and have locks and bbls so only bought a single lever double set from Jim Chambers, it was a Bud Siler trigger and after all this time had not paid attention to them until yesterday. Have been forging and sawing out my own and thought I’d buy a store bought for the first time in years. Wonder how many here remember Drew Hedgecocks single levers? When he died and inventory dried up is when I started making them. Historically correct TN, NC and other mountain guns need single lever triggers.

Hi all, I went on Friday but was under wife pressure to move at a quick pace since she was waiting in our car with our very demanding English setter. I thought the show was flawless and all of the vendors very accommodating . I bought a long rifle from Ron Sigler who was one of the judges at the show. Log Cabin Shop had a great collection of wonderful books and I bought a book on Ft. William Henry from them. The rifles on display reinforced the notion that I have a lot to learn!

I read The Hunter’s of Kentucky earlier this year I really enjoyed it.
The author was there. We talked for a while and he signed my copy. He said he has a podcast on meat eater coming up and a TV series I believe in history or something similar coming out with Mark Baker. He's a really interesting fella. I'm looking forward to reading the book.

The author was there. We talked for a while and he signed my copy. He said he has a podcast on meat eater coming up and a TV series I believe in history or something similar coming out with Mark Baker. He's a really interesting fella. I'm looking forward to reading the book.
Having lived in eastern and northern Kentucky it really helped to get a sense of the history. I went so far as to take my copy to Blue Licks and Big Bone to get in the spirit of the book.

Back