• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who wants to roll the dice on a $300 Mystery Revolver?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same Chinese knife guys were also known for running around the show taking pictures of every custom knife (and any other new product) they could find. One knife vendor told us that one of his designs was knocked off before he went home after last show.

The same Chinese knife guys were also known for running around the show taking pictures of every custom knife (and any other new product) they could find. One knife vendor told us that one of his designs was knocked off before he went home after last show.
The Chinese excel at making dirt cheap , garbage knockoffs of everything and anything

They send those pics home to China and have the 12 year old kids start cranking knives out

The knife guy who got knocked off said they must have begun tooling up within minutes of time the pics were electronically sent to China. He no longer allows pics of his new stuff at show. Said they will have to wait to steal them off his website. FWIW (and IIRC) the original knife in question was like $500 at the time. Seems pietta had same problem,

The sad part of all this is that, in the interest of Walmart and dollar stores, we do any business at all with china. They sell us a lot of manure and people buy it. They can produce superb quality when they wish to. I buy carbon steel rusty old knives at yard sales and refurbish them . I have a pair of rectangular Chinese chefs knives probably made in the 70’s for professionals, not mass market Walmart, internet sales. Magnificent steel, as good as anything you could buy. I had also a Walmart axe that was poorly shaped so into the forge it went to reshape it. Crumbled to bits under the hammer like cast iron.The government should really set quality standards for imports. Chinese Anyang power hammers (industrial tool) are excellent. They understand American markets well. The average fool will buy anything if it’s cheap.

Those swords are made for basically LARPing and display

Any attempt to use any of those swords will just result in a broken sword and a wasted 29.99

It is the same junk found at every gun show, the blades chip or snap if you even look at them wrong
There’s always a few old 1950’s marbles or solingen blades at gun shows. Much better than some cheap new garbage. I picked up a pair of scabby foster cutlery blades at our last gun show for $15. Outstanding knives once cleaned up. You know you’re getting old when you find yourself saying “they don’t make things like they used to” and they really don’t.

The sad part of all this is that, in the interest of Walmart and dollar stores, we do any business at all with china. They sell us a lot of manure and people buy it. They can produce superb quality when they wish to. I buy carbon steel rusty old knives at yard sales and refurbish them . I have a pair of rectangular Chinese chefs knives probably made in the 70’s for professionals, not mass market Walmart, internet sales. Magnificent steel, as good as anything you could buy. I had also a Walmart axe that was poorly shaped so into the forge it went to reshape it. Crumbled to bits under the hammer like cast iron.The government should really set quality standards for imports. Chinese Anyang power hammers (industrial tool) are excellent. They understand American markets well. The average fool will buy anything if it’s cheap.
Norinco imported some really high quality 1911 clones until Clinton banned Chinese gun imports

They also directly sell cargo ships full of complete junk on Ebay , cutting out the middleman.....all the $3 file sets, holsters, Converse knockoffs made from old truck tires, the knives with 4 dragon heads on the grip that snap opening a bag of twizzlers

America is a vast sponge of a market with a voracious appetite for useless junk , trinkets , weird clothing and tools

There’s always a few old 1950’s marbles or solingen blades at gun shows. Much better than some cheap new garbage. I picked up a pair of scabby foster cutlery blades at our last gun show for $15. Outstanding knives once cleaned up. You know you’re getting old when you find yourself saying “they don’t make things like they used to” and they really don’t.
They really don't, old beat up American made stuff can always clean up better than new junk

Before everything became collectible , you could find old made in America Buck knives for a few bucks at gun shows

I don't have $300 to gamble on something I might not even like. I'd rather pay mpre and know what I am getting in advance.

Latest posts

Back