• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Who made the CVA Wells Fargo 1849 ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
And how do you load it ?? No arm !

I have the opportunity to pick up a cased set
Comes with the .31 barrel with 2 cylinders
A .36 barrel with two cylinders
A conversion cylinder that cannot be spoken of
Powder flask, 2 cavity .31 ball / conical mold
Assorted bits n pieces

Other than the Black Powder only Italy on the .36 barrel, And the CVA markings on the .31 barrel, there were no markings that I could find

What would be a fair price to offer for it ??
(This is NJ so there will be around $100 +/- in transfer fees and sales taxes stacked on top)

20210825_110139.jpg
20210825_110139 barrel.jpg

You won't be able to use the .36 barrel and cylinders unless the frame is stepped to clear the larger part of those cylinders. It doesn't look to be in the photos. The wedge puller looks like the one for the Thompson Center Hawken. You have to remove the cylinder, load and reinstall.

Since it didn't come from a US maker, look for a maker's mark among the proof marks.

If I remember correctly, those were made by Pieta. As mentioned above, you won’t be able to use the .36 cal barrel and cylinder because the frame does not look like it has the step. That is where the frame would be cut down to allow the .36 cal cylinder to rotate.

it almost looks like somebody tossed extra parts into the case, not knowing, or hoping nobody would notice the differences.

The fluted cylinder looks like it might be from an 1862 Pocket Police, .36 cal., possibly made by Uberti. In itself, that cylinder would not go style-wise with either of those barrels.

And then again….:dunno:

And how do you load it ?? No arm !

I have the opportunity to pick up a cased set
Comes with the .31 barrel with 2 cylinders
A .36 barrel with two cylinders
A conversion cylinder that cannot be spoken of
Powder flask, 2 cavity .31 ball / conical mold
Assorted bits n pieces

Other than the Black Powder only Italy on the .36 barrel, And the CVA markings on the .31 barrel, there were no markings that I could find

What would be a fair price to offer for it ??
(This is NJ so there will be around $100 +/- in transfer fees and sales taxes stacked on top)

View attachment 91518
View attachment 91519
There was a company called Palmetto that also made Italian replicas; don't know if they're still in business, then there was Armi San Marco. Nice Photos!

Palmetto has been gone for years and they made replicas on the low end of the quality scale for the most part. I suspect this is either a Euroarms (DGG) or an Armi Sam Marco (ASM). ASM will have a small logo that looks to be a triangle near the serial #. If you had the gun in hand you could pull a nipple to check the thread and go to Track of the Wolf's great listing.

We already know it's a CVA (that's in the title of the thread)
Do we know who made it for CVA is the question ???
Or was CVA the manufacturer on this ??

Latest posts

Back