• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Who made Lyman 1858's?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogfood

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Recently came into a Lyman 1858 in a trade knowing that there was some issue with its action. In taking it down, I've determined the culprit to be the bolt. One of its ears had snapped at the tip (see pic below). Everything else looks good.
So I can source a replacement part, does anyone here know which manufacturer Lyman contracted in Italy to make these?
Thanks,
dgfd
PXL_20220724_225220527.jpg

Lower the loading lever and look at the bottom of the barrel near where it enters the frame. You might find a manufacturer's logo there. You might find who made it but don't count on current parts by the same manufacturer fitting, lot of things have changed over the years. If you can find a part that is close it can be fitted.

How about a pic of the hammer cam? I don't see much wrong with the bolt.

Mike

How about a pic of the hammer cam? I don't see much wrong with the bolt.

Mike
Probably not my best photograph, but the top of the left-hand ear is shorn off.
Can snap a (hopefully) better pic of the hammer cam when I'm offa work.

I have two of the Lymans (a 36 and a 44) and both were made by Uberti

Euroarms was an importer, not a manufacturer. I have a Kentucky style rifle marked Euroarms, however it is also clearly marked with Pedersoli and their logo. Nice rifle. Dale

Sorry but Euroarms/Armi San Palo was a manufacturer. They are long gone, sold to Pedersoli and your gun may have been assembled during the transition possibly explaining the dual markings. Euroarms of America (EOA) was their US importer and their location in Winchester, VA is currently a vacant lot (well not quite a vacant lot as there is some construction going on there now). EOA folded when Euroarms did.

Back