• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Who knows eachother here?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more thought. This could be the place where "old timers" get the chance to meet up with and mentor younger, less experienced folks. A 20-something shooter with no family tradition of shooting or hunting would do well with a 60 or 70-something mentor. That mentor could be rejuvenated by spending the time helping a new shooter/hunter.
very wise thoughts.

Yep, its the inlines and compound bows...i have only met one traditional archery shooter since moving to this state and the only guys shooting our types of guns, I met at our area's black powder club. But there's also a lot of us working guys that dont have the luxury to attend those clubs regularly. Few and far between, and well scattered...
That is my problem with the club's there are several groups in my area I've heard about but all their shoots are Saturday mornings. That is standard work time for me so I'm out.

I know @Idaholewis and @idahoPRB
I consider Lewis a good friend. I have driven to northern Idaho 3 times to say hi. 12 hour drive. Well we also were there to enjoy the beauty of northern Idaho. 😉

Thank you for the Kind words @Idaho Ron You are the one that REALLY Sparked my interest in Muzzleloading, and helped get me going in it, I found your YouTube Videos with your “Hotrod Hawken” and i HAD to have one! :) As I’ve said many times, You and Mrs Kama are welcome here anytime, Friends 🤝

Yep, its the inlines and compound bows...i have only met one traditional archery shooter since moving to this state and the only guys shooting our types of guns, I met at our area's black powder club. But there's also a lot of us working guys that dont have the luxury to attend those clubs regularly. Few and far between, and well scattered...

Well, I hunt and shoot trad, but guess I'm a distance away. Still, if you want to shoot the $h*+ about such things, shoot me a PM.
I don't do FB or other nonsense either. Some folks say I'm missing out, but I have other ideas. I will say several of the guys I've met online (but not in real life) have become some of my best friends.

I know a couple members from here. One is my best friend and long time hunting partner. I’m always up for meeting, I’m taking a brand new never fired flintlock to the range this Sunday. I can’t wait!View attachment 101736

It would be really great if posters of images could lay the guns down the way most of us look at them. My old neck is getting a real crick from looking at upside down or vertical images, no matter how beautiful the gun might be...just a not very subtle hint,

Last edited:
However, you are also touching on part of my point and impetus behind this topic.
If by this you mean the digital age has brought on an era of social disconnect you would be correct.
Myself being a person of the pre-internet social interaction was much more personal then.
I don't get involved in the digital world to the extent that many do today, I have no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Etc. accounts, heck I don't own a smartphone. I'm a member of only 3 forums this being one and all of them are based on hunting, fishing, and firearms.
However, I've had an internet-connected computer since 1995 and they have provided a wealth of info and knowledge unheard of in the past, not always good info but I've learned to sort out the good from the bad. The Trolls and scammers I just ignore because they are assuredly the bain of the internet.

I too have met one at many CIVIL WAR EVENT'S. and one that shoot's in the next state over from me, only 12 miles, not far. and one that is in my state also. but haven't met. and one that lives in the MID WEST, and used too live in my state. so we all have something in common in some way. toot.

Man… I must be a social butterfly…😁
17 members here that I can think of meeting in person at one time or the other over the past 14 years or so.
Some no longer come here, some no longer are with us.. May those RIP.
Many more that I met at the Forum woods walk at Friendship over those years as well.
I just can’t recall the names of many of those….

Here’s one from a few years back…

View attachment 101749

I do remember these Guys! RIP Trent

Some got rained out….

12651-CD0-7-B6-B-419-E-B429-A32-BD6-DB87-ED.jpg
now that is truly, RAINED OUT!!!

It would be really great if posters of images could lay the guns down the way most of us look at them. My old neck is getting a real crick from looking at upside down or vertical images, not matter how beautiful the gun might be...just a not very subtle hint,
Here you go,
D60227F3-F050-4F4B-9EFB-227605EF9186.jpeg
I turned that image for you.

‘Nock,
I’ve only met one other member of this forum and we became fast friends!!
I think I infected him a bit with the reenactor bug and he has schooled me on being a better BP shooter.
I’m friends online with a few more and maintain a plan to meet up at an event or pull off some sort of period hunt, trip or camp together.
It’s actually one of the things that keeps me inspired.

‘Nock,
I’ve only met one other member of this forum and we became fast friends!!
I think I infected him a bit with the reenactor bug and he has schooled me on being a better BP shooter.
I’m friends online with a few more and maintain a plan to meet up at an event or pull off some sort of period hunt, trip or camp together.
It’s actually one of the things that keeps me inspired.
Good to have you come around and give us a reply.
Someday I'll maybe make it out your way,,,, or you'll make it back here where there are actual trees, lol.

I’ve met a few here and there. I don’t know them well… I tend to be reclusive and shoot by myself a lot in my own private range in my own back yard. That way no one can make fun of me when I miss or dry ball… 😉

Tell ya' what, S.Kenton, I'll tease and make fun of you for any misses, dry balls or whatever if you'll agree to make fun of my shooting, dry balling and just of me in general. I don't get out much and only have my wife to criticize me. :doh:

2ceb3841d77a25eeb52e68730e003faa.gif

Back