• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who Can Make Me a Stock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Y. Yankee

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'd like to get a new stock for my Lyman GPR, preferably in maple but a nice walnut stock would be fine. There must be some custom stock makers?

I'll watch this thread with great interest. I suspect we won't see too many builders hopping on to make a stock, but it would be a neat thing if it were an option.

I suspect that this would not be as simple as just getting a stock built and sent to you so that that you could then just attach the barrel, lock, trigger, etc. into, but instead would require a bit of custom work to get these pieces to fit to the high standards that most of the custom builders that I've seen on this forum would be satisfied with putting their name on.

Still, it's an interesting idea and I'll be happy to watch to see if someone chimes in!

Years ago I gave Dave Keck at Knob Mountain Muzzleloaders a piece of figured maple and a TC Renegade stock to duplicate as he has a or had a duplicating machine. Did a great job but it still took some work to fit everything. Was not plug and play as I don't think that is possible. You might check with him.

Knob Mountain Muzzleloading

Back