• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

who all uses peeps on their percussion guns.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That reason is because it is easier to teach some one to shoot using them. Line up the front sight on target, your eye on the rear sight will center itself and you have a good sight picture. Easy for left hand or right hand shooting. This is not modern, been around for centuries.

That reason is because it is easier to teach some one to shoot using them. Line up the front sight on target, your eye on the rear sight will center itself and you have a good sight picture. Easy for left hand or right hand shooting. This is not modern, been around for centuries.
And if the guys teaching you are mean, loud, have bad attitudes, and a stick, those lessons will be engrained forever. The stick is optional...

Trying to figger out sights on a M1816, looking towards possibly putting a rifled barrel on it for .653 round ball.
There's no reason not to use a peep but I'd want something different for the front sight.
And I'd want to be able to repeatably (to settings) change elevations.

I wonder how many of the guys making snide comments about peeps have developing cataracts and can't even see the sights on their guns like myself? I am still 2 to 3 years out from cataract surgery, I may go out to the shop today and start making a peep for my deer rifle. I have tried everything else, including fiber (shudder) optics and all remain a blur.

Their day is coming, then they will understand how of base their comments were.

I wonder how many of the guys making snide comments about peeps have developing cataracts and can't even see the sights on their guns like myself? I am still 2 to 3 years out from cataract surgery, I may go out to the shop today and start making a peep for my deer rifle. I have tried everything else, including fiber (shudder) optics and all remain a blur.

Amen!!!!!!! funny how age levels the playing field.

I have macular degeneration, no surgery for that, I'm slowly just loosing my sight, so I'm doing what ever I can to keep shooting as long as possible, I'm good with alternate sights

I confirm that I have developed cataracts that are keeping me from seeing my sights clearly. I have used a diopter with a suction cup fasted to my glasses that helps a lot. Surgery is coming up.

I'm one of many shooters with eyesight issues so years ago came up with this inexpensive fix that allowed me to compete & hunt with open sights. Over the past 40 years a number of fellow shooters have tried this option & say it has helped their scores as it sharpens both sights & the target.
I posted this info a few days ago on the forum under General Interest i think as 'Fix for Eyesight issues'.
It's made from a jewelers eye-loupe & bottom of a 35m/m film can, just unscrew the glass inserts & use them as a pattern & replace the glass with bottom plastic of a 35 m/m film can. I drilled my peep-hole to about 0.40, try starting small until you find what hole size works best for you. Can experiment with a piece of index card stock made black with a marker pen but be sure to keep edges of the hole sharp..
This devise will work for right or left hand rifle or pistol shooters. Very comfortable to wear about as you can rotate it out of your line of vision when you don't need it & quickly rotates back into shooting position. Think I originally posted this under the 'General Interest' link.
Happy trails !!
IMG_2297.JPG

I'm looking online for one. I have a pair of Knoblach K5 shooting glasses that you can get an adapter for an adjustable iris deely-bobber
Screenshot_20200509-132435_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200509-132119_Chrome.jpg
but I can't find one.

Shutters. I have two of these from the 60s But far older design. One is lever opened,the other has an annular ring round the outside. Both have Parker Hale threaded extensions to screw into their Match sights. I think both are still available in UK. Try FULTONS at BISLEY.They have a Web Site, OLD DOG..

Back