• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"WHITE WOMEN AND WHISKEY" REALLY?"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I attended the Northeast Ronde in 2007. Mostly old fat men - some in skirts.

1644929873242.jpeg
1644929912071.jpeg
1644929949855.jpeg

DS, you story had me rolling,reminds me of time I spent growing up in Kansas, at least herd in Hampton Roads area of Virginia,we get every few years,and where it live neither city nor state plow out road

To our friends who wonder why deerstalkert’s snow plow driver is always smiling, it is because he leaves a pile of hard packed snow well over a foot and half at the end of each driveway he passes by.
In the village in which I lived til recently, the snowplow driver would leave a pile as much as 6' tall my driveway (all the snow from cleaning out the driveway across the street, where his buddy lived). After the first few such instances, someone left approximately 12 cubic yards of cow manure in his driveway...took a few more storms, and repeated manure dumps, but eventually he got the idea.

As for craziness at rendezvous, I can recall a few that gave Sturgis a run for its money.

What is a snow blower? ? ? You must not live north of Tennessee/Kentucky ? Well ,if you're in the north , like Pa. , when the snow piles up , a snow blower is a device designed to make your muscles ache , but clears the driveway w/o shoveling. Depending how old you are, if you use it once , your muscles might take , three days to recover. Hope this helps...

I use a tractor with a loader and blade, no sore muscles. I live in W. KY.

Wow this thread went from a question about a movie to a discussion about snowplows LOL!

did any of the Rendezvous you've been to even come close to what was shown in the movie??

No there were no snow plows at the ones I went to...just kidding!

I went to a lot of Rondy's in the late 70s out west, Fort Bridger, Cache Valley and a bunch of smaller ones I forget the name of. There was always a bunch of "Rowdy's" at these Rondy's. They weren't riding into camp on horseback shooting their rifles in the air, dancing around to fiddle music, but they were up all night drinking whiskey, laughing, whoopin' and hollerin' (and sometimes fighting, or falling into the campfire). My cousin and I were just young teenagers so we would hang out with them and partake in some whiskey ourselves. They were some really fun characters to be around! I don't recall doing much shooting back then because I was so hungover the next morning I rarely made it to the range! Those were shining times!!!

I would that only having a greasy old INDIAN woman for months on end a white woman is a cut above? jmho.
Just for the sake of reality TooT, native american women bathed on average twice a day. nor did they smear themselves with grease.
this in contrast with the colonial's who bathed once a month whether they needed it or not.

Wow this thread went from a question about a movie to a discussion about snowplows LOL!

No there were no snow plows at the ones I went to...just kidding!

I went to a lot of Rondy's in the late 70s out west, Fort Bridger, Cache Valley and a bunch of smaller ones I forget the name of. There was always a bunch of "Rowdy's" at these Rondy's. They weren't riding into camp on horseback shooting their rifles in the air, dancing around to fiddle music, but they were up all night drinking whiskey, laughing, whoopin' and hollerin' (and sometimes fighting, or falling into the campfire). My cousin and I were just young teenagers so we would hang out with them and partake in some whiskey ourselves. They were some really fun characters to be around! I don't recall doing much shooting back then because I was so hungover the next morning I rarely made it to the range! Those were shining times!!!
I recall Rendezvous like that. Rifle shoots were on Saturday and Smoothbore shoots were on Sunday. After all, by then, we were too hung over to flinch and we couldn't see the rear sight anyway. One could get the high score with 3 hits out of 20 and probably wouldn't need a tie breaker.

Last edited:
A SOUTHERNER MOVES NORTH ...
Monday: 5:00PM. It's starting to snow. The first of the season and the first one we've seen in years. The wife and I took our hot buttered rums and sat by the picture window, watching the soft flakes drift down, clinging to the trees and covering the ground. It was beautiful. So relaxing and peaceful.

Tuesday: We woke up to a lovely blanket of crystal white snow covering the landscape. What a fantastic sight. Every tree and shrub covered with a beautiful white mantle. I shoveled snow for the first time in years and loved it! I did both our driveway and our sidewalk. Later a city snowplow came along and accidentally covered up our driveway with snow from the street. The driver smiled and waved. I waved back and shoveled it again.

Wednesday: It snowed an additional 5 inched last night and the temperature dropped to around 11 degrees. Several limbs on the trees snapped due to weight of the snow. I shoveled our driveway again. Shortly afterwards the snowplow came by and did his trick again. I wonder about that guy. Why's he always smiling?

Thursday: Warmed up enough during the day to create some slush which turned to ice when the temperature dropped again. Bought snow tires for both cars. Fell on my ass in the driveway. $145 for the emergency room visit but nothing was broken. More snow and ice expected.

Friday: Still cold. Sold the wife's car and bought a 4X4 in order to get her to work. Slid into a guardrail and did a considerable amount of damage to the right rear quarter panel. Had another 8 inches of white Cranberries last night. Both vehicles covered in salt and crud. More shoveling in store for me today. That goddamn snowplow came by twice today, smiling bastard.

Saturday: 2 degrees outside. More freaking snow. Not a tree or shrub on the property that hasn't been damaged. Power was off most of the night and some pipes burst in the basement. Tried to keep from freezing to death with candles and a kerosene heater which tipped over and nearly burned the house down. I managed to put out the flames but suffered 2nd degree burns on my hands and lost my eyebrows. Brand new 4X4 slid on the ice on way to the emergency room and was totaled.

Sunday: #@$%&^*! keeps coming down. Have to put on all clothes we own just to get to the freaking mailbox. I think the son-of-a-gun that drives the snowplow hides around the corner and waits for me to finish shoveling and then comes down the street about 100MPH, grinning from ear to ear, and buries our driveway again. F^*%$er! If I ever catch him I'll shove a cane pole up his ass and mount him in the front yard as a warning to the next snowplow driver! Power still off. Toilet froze and part of the roof has started to cave in.

Monday: Six damn more freakin' inches of freakin' snow and freakin' ice and god knows what other kink of white freakin' Cranberries fell last night. Wife left me. Car won't start. I think I'm going snowblind. I can't move my toes. Haven't seen the sun in weeks. I wounded the freakin' snowplow ******* with an ice ax but he got away. More freain' snow predicted. Wind chill minus 35 freakin' degrees. I'm going back to North Carolina!

Back