• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

White residue on round balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a Guy that has 2 VERY FULL Pallet Loads of Lead Shot in Various sizes, He stocked up on it about 40 Years ago and hasn’t touched a Bag of it, it stays on an unheated, But Covered Back porch. I have often wondered what that stuff would look like today? He is the kind of fella that probably has the 1st nickel he ever made. Never been married, No Children. Heck of a nice guy, But definitely fits the Bill of a Hoarder. He offered me some Canned Bear meat 1 time, the label on top read 1972 :eek:, I politely declined

I had this very same issue and cleaned em up with baking soda and water.Just like cleaning battery terminals.

I just stick 'em in my mouth and suck off the white part...kinda sweet too.... I've noticed that at the range though when doing that I get a headache and a bit of a twitch in my right cheek muscle...must be old age or something...:confused:

..., wait..., are we talkin' the white stuff on the outside of donuts or on the outside of patched round balls that are old ??? I can't remember...

LD

Back