• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

whiskeys

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W. C. Field: "Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

Spence

My hard liqueur tastes change seasonally. Fall and winter I like Scotch, with Lafroaig Quarter Cask being my current favorite. I'll put down a little Knob Creek now and then.

Summer means rum, often mixed,or Tequila, straight up, lately it's been Lunazul. Big fan of a large glass (pitcher?) of Dark and Stormy. Or lacking the propped ingredients for the real thing, Sailor Jerry spiced rum and Canada Dry ginger ale.

Black Hand said:
Kansas Jake said:
bourbon and whiskey
All Bourbons are Whiskey, but not all Whiskeys are Bourbon...

That is why I mentioned both bourbon and whiskey.

I had a bottle of Colorado whiskey call Tin Cup. It was okay and I had to try it since I've been over Tin Cup pass a number of times. I've even had pie at Frenchies for those who know about it.

sidelock said:
I know all of you have heard that if a rattle snake strikes you get a shot of whiskey as fast as you can. WELL I have learned that whiskey is not a snake bight cure, but a preventative. That's why I have 3 drinks of Black Velvet every night and I have never been snake bit. :wink:
Does it keep polar bears away, too? 'Cause I've never seen one in my neighborhood. :haha:

Bo T, I am having exactly that right now. A fine elixir for all my moods...!

I will be touring Makers Mark, Buffalo Trace, and most likely Wild Turkey Distillers starting Saturday of this week.

Wife and I are driving to OH, picking up our oldest son and heading to KY for the long weekend.

Fleener

At Makers, be sure to try some from the green wax topped bottles - it is an instant mint julep. As far as I know, they only sell it on site at the distillery. Very smooth. :thumbsup:

One of my sons called yesterday and during the conversation mentioned that he bought a bottle of bourbon that was made in Monroe, WI and the price for 750 MLs was $20....but there was a mail-in rebate of $20. Haven't ascertained what the gimmick is , if there is one, but will be receiving a $20 check because he bought it for me. Will taste this bourbon and will let you guys know how it is.....free bourbon and didn't even have to mooch by going to some friends' houses......Fred

Haven't ascertained what the gimmick is

Gets the product out to the public..., you yourself wrote you'd report to us how it tastes, so you're going to advertise/endorse the stuff (OK maybe a gamble by the distillery if the stuff is swill)..., plus they have the addresses where they sent the checks so good addresses to send future promotion offers...., IF they combine with the check in the envelope offers for other stuff, not even theirs but they have been paid a fee to include it with their check to you..., they might be off-setting the $20 rebate. So, you get a check but you get 20 offers for other retail items, and the distiller gets $1.25 for each of those offers that they include in the envelope..., the distillery gets a net profit (after paying for the mailing envelope, postage, and check of say $4.00) additional to the original $20 they got from your son.

:wink:

LD

I'll post the particulars when receiving the check and will also report on the bourbon. I don't think it's as complicated as you suggest, but who knows.....Fred

Rebates are a money maker for businesses just like gift cards...
40-60% of rebates go un claimed each year and about a billion dollars worth of gift cards go unused.....This helps pad a businesses bottom line come tax time as the unused amounts can be represented as a loss.

LD is right, the "gimmick" is they now have your verified address as a willing consumer and they sell it.
$20, for me at least, isn't worth having my mail box filled with junk mail for 2 yrs.

Latest posts

Back