• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Which type of lead to source

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a long time caster of lead/lead alloys for both ball/bullet and fishing jigs/sinkers I recommend the following. Run, yes RUN away from wheel weights.. Most these days are zinc or a zinc based alloy. Instead become friends with one of your local meth head roofers. See if he will save the lead flashing from stink pipes and chimneys for you. It is basically pure lead. I had a 'relationship' with one of the local meth head roofers for such lead. I casted him a coffee can full of no-roll sinkers for buckets of flashing lead. I certainly came out ahead. Didn't hurt that I met him with a .45 on my hip (not a joke or BS). If danger does not thrill you then check out RotoMetals website. One can purchase a wide variety of metals from there including nearly every lead and lead alloy imaginable. I would most certainly recommend the 99% pure lead for muzzleloading purposes. Free shipping if you buy enough at one time. I've bought lead and lead alloy, tin, and antimony from them and have been 100% satisfied.

My home was built in 1850. I replaced the lead pipes with PVC. So great lead that is made in the 1840s or 1850.
I have enough to last me a very long time. I am still making ingets.
now there is something i would purchase just for the novelty! cast a pile of 1840's round ball. how cool is that!

Back