• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Which Indian (from India) Brown Bess?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed a few people on here listing a sgt carbine. Where are people buying these? I haven't seen one anywhere.

I bought exactly 1 gun from Middlesex and it was an P53 Enfield that is so far "ok", but the rear sight is a weird one piece brazed on thing, and doesn't look like a real Enfield rear sight, at all. It shoots ok with .530 ball but I don't really do much with it, it will probably end up as a wallhanger. I just wanted to see what an Indian made musket was all about. It is well below an Italian as far as fit and finish. It will look good in my dining room as a decoration as basically a display musket that can fire. I won't be buying any more.

Are you required to have that 2nd Model of Brown Bess? Because honestly, 99.9% of people viewing a reenactment won't have any idea what any particular model is supposed to look like. You could probably track down a Miroku on GunBroker.

I had thought that Loyalist had the Long Land pattern which would be a much older version but could the Mexican Army not have purchased older ones too?

Veteran offers an artillery carbine as well, but it's in .75 rather than the more correct .65 of the one from Loyalist. If you want a shorter .75, though, there it is.

Click Here

The Loyalist Arms Artillery Carbine is the one to buy. However some of the Artillery Carbines from Loyalist are 0.620" not 0.650". Present catalog descriptions are for the 0.650 so recent offerings are more correct.

Here's a photo of my Long Land Pattern musket and my Artillery Carbine that I used as my sarjents carbine. Mine is 20 gauge, not 16.

1632624030550.jpeg

I bought exactly 1 gun from Middlesex and it was an P53 Enfield that is so far "ok", but the rear sight is a weird one piece brazed on thing, and doesn't look like a real Enfield rear sight, at all. It shoots ok with .530 ball but I don't really do much with it, it will probably end up as a wallhanger. I just wanted to see what an Indian made musket was all about. It is well below an Italian as far as fit and finish. It will look good in my dining room as a decoration as basically a display musket that can fire. I won't be buying any more.

Are you required to have that 2nd Model of Brown Bess? Because honestly, 99.9% of people viewing a reenactment won't have any idea what any particular model is supposed to look like. You could probably track down a Miroku on GunBroker.

I had thought that Loyalist had the Long Land pattern which would be a much older version but could the Mexican Army not have purchased older ones too?
I don't think that there are any STITCH NAZIS in the crowd! to them they are just flintlocks!. just as well!

Ah but they didn't, and as a reenactor you spend a lot more time moving around at shouldered muskets than shooting. The varying sizes of the musket simply won't do, and the bayonet for the LLP is longer than the 3rd Model to boot.

LD

While I agree that most people viewing a reenactment won't have any idea of the particular model that is supposed to be used, they can easily see the difference in length when troops are marching at shoulder arms.

Back