where's Mike brooks tutorial?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Support' started by fort fireman, Jul 8, 2012.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 12, 2012 #61

gizamo

gizamo

gizamo

45 Cal.

My guess is he's gone out for a breath of air.

Gets old, defending yourself to the same folks (time and again) that have a giant chip on their shoulders, ....can't wait to take a cheap shot or two at his posts.

Funny thing is,... They are posting in this thread .....on folks missing his work. Says alot more about them, than Brooks.

2. Jul 12, 2012 #62

ebiggs1

ebiggs1

ebiggs1

69 Cal.

I think it's called a Split Personality? :hmm: Or maybe it is Multiple Personalities? :hmm: Or Schizophrenia? :hmm:

3. Jul 12, 2012 #63

kaintuck

kaintuck

kaintuck

54 Cal.

[​IMG]

quite everyone! You upsetting the kat......

4. Jul 13, 2012 #64

Bruce Bogart

Bruce Bogart

Bruce Bogart

40 Cal.

:shake: :shake: :shake:

5. Jul 13, 2012 #65

Marc Adamchek

Marc Adamchek

Marc Adamchek

54 Cal.

Jeez, I don't build guns, in fact I don't build ANYTHING, but I do own a beautiful Mike Brooks 20 bore fowler (#113).

I've just always dug whatever he had to contribute to any post, seems like he always added something to learn from. Man, I sure hope he hasn't left forever, he's one of the experts and all-around good guys that make this site so enjoyable.

Well this news has really brought me down........

The only reason I came onto this forum was I wanted to see how builders rate the various barrels out there, like #1, #2 etc. So I guess I'll make a post for that anyway even though I was interested in how Mike would rate them! Can't get away from him

6. Jul 13, 2012 #66

ApprenticeBuilder

ApprenticeBuilder

ApprenticeBuilder

58 Cal.

The funny thing is, its only a couple of folks, and at least one of them has so little self control that he cannot help himself and just has to try and stir it up.

:hmm:

7. Jul 13, 2012 #67

LaBonte

LaBonte

LaBonte

Passed On

FWIW - Mike is alive and well and has been posting else where

despite common knowledge they are distinctly different problems and Schizophrenia (I had a sister and have a nephew who suffered/suffer the latter) has nothing in common with the first two problems and in any case none are "laughing" matters or should be applied lightly to anyone......they are all life damaging syndromes for both the victim and those that care for/love them.

8. Jul 13, 2012 #68

Stumpkiller

Stumpkiller

Stumpkiller

That Other Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

[/quote]

It's true - but it was Mike's decision to initiate a personal attack. So ... {PS - you are heading down the same path with your back-handed insult; as did ebiggs with the cowardly schizophrenia shot at a man who can't respond.}

It will return when the block is off his account. I hope he continues to offer his wisdom and opinion. I just wish he'd stick to firearms and skip the observations of human foibles. I don't often disagree with him - but rules is rules.

9. Jul 13, 2012 #69

ApprenticeBuilder

ApprenticeBuilder

ApprenticeBuilder

58 Cal.

I would hope that your wrong about exactly where that was directed, I figured he was directing it at me, if indeed it was towards Brooks then it is infact a very low thing to slam an individual that does not have the option to reply.

10. Jul 13, 2012 #70

Claude Mathis

Claude Mathis

Claude Mathis

Cannon MLF Supporter

I wouldn't say I "signed off" on someone stealing my work, it's more a matter of not wanting to waste my time pursuing something this minor. What the person did who distributed the PDF was illegal, but that's not the first time someone has stolen my work. Years ago I offered some suggestions on a logo and had an "association" steal my artwork and they continue to use it on their merchandise today. My time is worth too much to pursue it.

11. Jul 13, 2012 #71

Claude Mathis

Claude Mathis

Claude Mathis

Cannon MLF Supporter

I should qualify something. I'm not saying that I "own" the tutorial. Even though the rules state that I have a right to use anything posted on the Forum, I do not consider that to mean that I "own" your photos or words. The rule is to allow me to use images posted here on Facebook or elsewhere to advertise the Forum. You guys retain ownership of your words and images as far as I'm concerned.

Mike Brooks owns that tutorial, not me. All I did was publish it in an interactive form. So, some guy stole Mikes words and photos, along with my design and code.

I'm over it, but if I were Mike, I might feel differently. That tutorial is copyrighted in his name, by virtue of the fact that he authored it.

12. Jul 13, 2012 #72

ApprenticeBuilder

ApprenticeBuilder

ApprenticeBuilder

58 Cal.

Thanks for the legal clarification on this issue Claude

13. Jul 13, 2012 #73

ebiggs1

ebiggs1

ebiggs1

69 Cal.

Man you guys are uptight. It was not directed to anyone in particular but was intended to be tongue-in-cheek. Possibly it hit a nerve?
    How can person be so likeable in person and be so rude and uncaring as a poster?
    I have never met Our Mr. Brooks in person but I have exchanged private emails with him and found he is no different there.

This is an insult, “... as did ebiggs with the cowardly schizophrenia shot at a man who can't respond.” That post made no mention to anyone, not even to Our Mr. Brooks?

14. Jul 13, 2012 #74

Bruce Bogart

Bruce Bogart

Bruce Bogart

40 Cal.

I believe this started out as an inquiry as to the absence of a tutorial and has been reduced to trashing a gentleman's mental health/personality. Most times personality problems come from BOTH sides. The vibe you put out you usually get back.

There's no accounting for taste. I saved Mike's tutorial to my computer for reference while I am trying to build guns. If that is wrong I will delete it. I did not mean to pirate anything from Mike or Claude. I would not distribute nor post it elsewhere.

15. Jul 13, 2012 #75

44-henry

44-henry

44-henry

45 Cal.

I for one appreciated the contributions that Mike made to this board. He obviously has a lot of good knowledge to add to discussions.

16. Jul 13, 2012 #76

ihuntsnook

ihuntsnook

ihuntsnook

45 Cal. MLF Supporter

I certainly appreciated the tutorial, but the man wasn't civil sometimes. I miss him nonetheless.

17. Jul 13, 2012 #77

ApprenticeBuilder

ApprenticeBuilder

ApprenticeBuilder

58 Cal.

That kind of statement is subjective at best, what are you using as a standard for a comparative ?

18. Jul 13, 2012 #78

Capt. Jas.

Capt. Jas.

Capt. Jas.

58 Cal.

True, many that are newer to the forum will not remember all the years full of newbies and armchair experts arguing with the ones who actually were studied and had real mileage on this stuff. Minwax for maple, claims of later 18th century hardware being of the F&I period, unworthy praises to the heavens of guns built like a hollow core door, etc.

19. Jul 13, 2012 #79

gizamo

gizamo

gizamo

45 Cal.

Good point....

Mike brought some balance back to those discussions. And did add to the knowledge base we share here.

The sniping remarks sent his way, were not only off topic...but mostly derailed some pretty good threads.

20. Jul 13, 2012 #80

Claude Mathis

Claude Mathis

Claude Mathis

Cannon MLF Supporter

Saving something for personal use is not pirating. Enjoy the tutorial. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.