Where's Black Hand?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Support' started by Shot deer, May 16, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 26, 2019 #21

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Admin

I hope he finds that utopia also.

Shot deer and dave61965 like this.
  2. May 26, 2019 #22

tenngun

tenngun

tenngun

Cannon

Arthur Clark wrote of a character in one of his novels reading a newspaper. The story was sci-fi and was some years in Clark’s future, but he transported the problems of his age forward. Jews were having trouble with Arabs, Southeast Asia was on edge as communist and free countries competed and threaten war. South America was rocked by unstable tyrannies.
    However the fictional reader of all these too real stories took the problems of the world in stride. Clark said his character had long known the newspapers of Utopia would be boring.
    We all need to be challenged in what we think we know of the past.
    Knifes get pretty dull without a stone.

3. May 26, 2019 #23

toot

toot

toot

32 Cal.

didn't know he was not on. didn't miss him. jmho.

4. May 26, 2019 #24

Shot deer

Shot deer

Shot deer

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

Don't worry, I think he has/will. ;)

5. May 26, 2019 #25

BillinOregon

BillinOregon

BillinOregon

Cannon MLF Supporter

I certainly wish him well. I know some very, very fine people who get so focused on trying to replicate the past as closely as humanly possible that they become dissatisfied by others' lesser efforts, and find themselves among an increasingly small and isolated group of like-minded souls. I understand the fervent longing to KNOW about the lives of our ancestors, but ultimately, their lives, loves, equipment, dress, housing, skills and what kept them up at night with worry remain beyond our grasp and unknowable. I deeply respect those who try however.

6. May 26, 2019 #26

Brokennock

Brokennock

Brokennock

50 Cal.

Funny how someone asks a friendly question about someone who's essentially been run off. And it becomes a vehicle to bash the person who's not here. When someone says something about the bashers, that person becomes the bad guy.

7. May 26, 2019 #27

azmntman

azmntman

azmntman

75 Cal.

Huh? I dont think Blackhand could be ran off. I think he could get fed up with what he took as personal attacks and left tho. I tend to be too soft skinned at times myself, he called me strawman on more than one occasion. He is a man that cant easily be argued with...thats OK with me, he is MUCH more educated on what matters to him than I am. I wish he stayed, he is a source of info that will be difficult to match.

Shot deer, tenngun and Juice Jaws like this.
  8. May 27, 2019 #28

dave61965

dave61965

dave61965

40 Cal. MLF Supporter

To say he got “run off” is ridiculous and totally false, seems he chose not to participate anymore after being chastised by the forum administration after he chose to take it upon himself to try to police the classified section, he’s not a victim here, he caused that all by himself, and as the administration and many others here have said, he’s welcome back anytime to defend himself if he believes he’s being attacked.

9. May 27, 2019 #29

tenngun

tenngun

tenngun

Cannon

I don’t think there is much bashing of him here, although some folks disliked how he wrote. He seems still listed as a member so he is open to read this and respond. You can’t blame others for your chosen actions and he chooses not to be here.

SmokepoleSam likes this.
  10. May 27, 2019 #30

Brokennock

Brokennock

Brokennock

50 Cal.

Okay, so "run off," was the wrong choice of words. My point was that he does not contribute the information he has that is worth sharing, and he is not here to participate in the discussion, someone asked a friendly question asking about his lack of presence, and some people can't just let it go. They have to chime in about how they don't miss him, essentially "I'm glad he's gone," and how proud they are to have had him in their lead box. I'm not trying to say he was/is a "victim." My point was, if your glad he's not participating, fine, I have no issue with that, but why not keep quiet about it.

azmntman and Shot deer like this.
  11. May 27, 2019 #31

Shot deer

Shot deer

Shot deer

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

And as a result of the thread getting to fragile, I am going to have the Mods close this thread. This thread is/was not meant to host "I don't miss him" etc. I was asking where Black Hand was because I haven't seen him in a long while. THAT is all.

12. May 27, 2019 #32

dave61965

dave61965

dave61965

40 Cal. MLF Supporter

I agree “run off” was the wrong and totally false choice of words, if you expect folks not to voice their opinion on his choice to leave your going to be disappointed, like him or not, that’s just human nature, and I’ll point out that this thread had been inactive, maybe even died out and run it’s course until you posted reply #26 almost eight hours after the last post, and many more hrs since the last negative post, so seems to be you in front of the pot with spoon in hand, jmho.

13. May 27, 2019 #33

Shot deer

Shot deer

Shot deer

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

I'm glad this thread is going to be closed. In the meantime, let's make it new posts free unless your going to be positive.

*Edit* I hope they close it.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  14. May 27, 2019 #34

dave61965

dave61965

dave61965

40 Cal. MLF Supporter

Well that’s the problem with being on a forum, sometimes people don’t see eye to eye on everything and sometimes it gets a little heated in discussion, especially around a sensitive subject that all don’t agree on, I’m not sure the mods will close the thread just because you asked them to, they may or may not, but I don’t see just having some negative views is cause enough to close it or just because you don’t like the response the thread had, that would set a bad precedent for all threads, don’t like the responses, just close it, bad habit to start on a forum imho.

azmntman likes this.
  15. May 27, 2019 #35

Brokennock

Brokennock

Brokennock

50 Cal.

Maybe you should go back and look at the time line again.

Or, better yet, try sharing something of similar factual quality as B.H., Spence, Crewdawg, or Keith, would have.

Grumpa and Shot deer like this.
  16. May 27, 2019 #36

Shot deer

Shot deer

Shot deer

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

I don't care if the thread responses don't agree with me, that's not the problem! This was a thread asking where is Black Hand, that is it. No more, no less. Nothing bad needs to come away from this thread. So, I don't see why we need to bother the staff every second to say he said-she said. But, I would like the Mods to close this so there are no problems. A ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

hawkeye2 likes this.
  17. May 27, 2019 #37

Shot deer

Shot deer

Shot deer

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

Too many people have left or decreased their time on here because of arguments/heated discussions. This is a place where good knowledgeable people are, let's keep it that way so newbies can learn, and experts can thrive.;)

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Grumpa and Sicilian Hunter like this.
  18. May 27, 2019 #38

dave61965

dave61965

dave61965

40 Cal. MLF Supporter

Feel free to correct me on the timeline when you get the numbers together, I came here several yrs ago looking for information about shooting flintlocks, I found plenty of people willing to help any way they could, been shooting them ever since, that’s what I do, tinker, hunt, and just shoot black powder everything, I don’t live the lifestyle or try to be hc, not my thing, I do answer a question now and then if I’m able to give an educated answer, that’s how I do my part, am I any less of a member or less important than you or anyone else here ?

19. May 27, 2019 #39

Shot deer

Shot deer

Shot deer

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

I think you missed the point......

Brokennock likes this.
  20. May 27, 2019 #40

dave61965

dave61965

dave61965

40 Cal. MLF Supporter