• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Where to get parts at

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Let's say i want just parts, where do i get them.

Where can I get just grip frames or a frame or just a barrel? Let's say I want a Pietta birdshead grip frame. Can I order one from Pietta? Let's say I want a London grip frame to replace a brass one. Where can I get one.

Thanks, Bob

Bob?
I'm not trying to be rude or condescending in anyway, manner or form.
But just like CF guns, the frame, is the basis of all that a BP revolver can become. And just like CF, what the gun becomes is simply the addition of the components added to the frame. (right?)
(you've shared with us that you have been swapping parts)
That being said, the absolute hardest item to find for building a BP revolver is the frame.
And it's not just now, but has been for at least a decade.
With the current market prices and shortages, almost every new frame being made by manufacturers are being used for "new to the market" offerings.
So you see, you have a good question, no denying that,, but you might as well get on the list behind the at least 1,000 members here that are already seeking new or second-hand frames from any source that can be found nation wide.
Good luck friend, honest.

Let's say i want just parts, where do i get them.

Where can I get just grip frames or a frame or just a barrel? Let's say I want a Pietta birdshead grip frame. Can I order one from Pietta? Let's say I want a London grip frame to replace a brass one. Where can I get one.

Thanks, Bob
You can go to vtigunparts. They consistently have stock in Pietta and uberti parts and they’re knowledgeable about most Italian replica revolvers.
I would not recommend ebay. Too many parts sellers there are just gouging the heck out of the buyers. I know, buyer beware, but I just can’t support that nonsense.

You can go to vtigunparts. They consistently have stock in Pietta and uberti parts and they’re knowledgeable about most Italian replica revolvers.
I would not recommend ebay. Too many parts sellers there are just gouging the heck out of the buyers. I know, buyer beware, but I just can’t support that nonsense.
i said ebay for that very reason. it is becoming parts central for scalpers breaking apart good arms and selling piece meal for twice or three times what a complete gun is selling for on other sites.
sometimes the stock and lock will be right above the listing for the barrel!

Indeed. Parts is parts however, if adding up a "parts gun" ... you almost everytime ... pay WAY more that simply buying a ready made gun.

i said ebay for that very reason. it is becoming parts central for scalpers breaking apart good arms and selling piece meal for twice or three times what a complete gun is selling for on other sites.
sometimes the stock and lock will be right above the listing for the barrel!
Yeah, checking the price compared to vti is shocking... a 100.00 cylinder goes for 170.00 on fleabay. sheesh 🙄

Try the Italian Firearms Group out of Texas. I've ordered Pedersoli parts through them before. I'll warn you now though, it takes $$$ and patience.

Back