• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

where to find musket nipple to fit TC Hawkin 50 cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re- inactor musket caps on Amazon but spendy
The re-enactor caps from CCI are garbage. They are extremely weak. I have read they are intended for blank fire with a bored out nipple. The idea is to prevent fragments that can bother other blank shooters. Based on their poor reputation would not but them at any price.

Sharps rifles/carbines have a pretty twisty flash channel, so I am not surprised at you having some difficulty with ignition. Glad you found a solution.

Which Sharps carbine do you have? I've been thinkin' 'bout gettin' me one.
My carbine is a Pedersoli the Robinson Confederate copy with brass forearm band and but plate.
it has the following modifications.
Hahn Machine Works breech modification
Lyman bead front sight
Marble "Bullseye" rear sight
It is chambered for the 1.5" Hahn tube and with about 45 grains of FFg and the Moose ringtail bullet is hunting accurate out to 75 yards the length of my range. The 75 yard target is a steel 10"x16" and can be hit with regularity from a rest.
Great gun love to shoot it.
Still holding center
Bunk

Back