• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to find conical bullets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuffy19608

32 Cal
Reaction score
I live in an apartment and casting is not an option for the present time. I want to buy conical bullets for my .36 and .44 caliber revolvers. I 've done SOME looking, coming up dry so far. Any places sell these?

Whoops sorry that is for the .31's i think.
If you lived in Central Texas i could help with the .36 but I don't sell them i just cast and shoot them for myself.
Sorry
Bunk

Jefferson Arsenal sells conicals and balls.
Don't expect anything to ship for a week. I think they make things as they are ordered.

I always get a starter paper cartridge kit from them to get me going on a new gun.

Check with Mark Hubs (sp?) at Eras Gone Bullet Moulds.
I understand He buys that bullet from someone who casts them.
Bunk
I’ve tried some of those bullets but for the life of me I couldn’t tell you where they came from. Quality was spotty I’ll say that. Weights and dimensions all over the place. No wonder people think bullets can’t be accurate from revolvers.

Brett Gibbons (papercartridges.com) casts Kerr, Johnston & Dow and Colt Cartridge Works conicals using Eras Gone molds. His website shows stock on the .44 Kerr as of today.

Last edited:
Brett Gibbons (papercartridges.com) casts Kerr, Johnston & Dow and Colt Cartridge Works conicals using Eras Gone molds. His website shows stock on the .44 Kerr as of today.
I’ve used that bullet, sorting by weigh, lubed with the special sauce and rammed with a flat faced ram it becomes a wide flat point bullet and it’s very accurate.

I live in an apartment and casting is not an option for the present time. I want to buy conical bullets for my .36 and .44 caliber revolvers. I 've done SOME looking, coming up dry so far. Any places sell these?
I’d give Eras Gone a call like @Bunk said. They may give you some leads on finding what what you want.

Thank you all for your help. No, I do not have a no casting clause in my lease but outdoors means more people know I have firearms which I do not wish to share. I don't cast inside because of the lead, working on getting my own place but it'll be awhile.

I used to cast monies when I was in the N-SSA and married with a home and a yard, still have all the stuff. One day....

I’ve used that bullet, sorting by weigh, lubed with the special sauce and rammed with a flat faced ram it becomes a wide flat point bullet and it’s very accurate.
Which one? I have not tried .44 Kerr, but those almost look like a round ball to begin with. Brent indicates that he likes them a lot. I cast the .44 Johnston & Dow and the .36 Colt Cartridge Works. The J&D come out of the mold with a sharp tip and flatten a lot when loaded. The rammer on my pistols cuts a groove into the lead at the tip, so I prefer to load with a bench tower press and a wider tipped ram.

Just keep a fishing rod and an old tackle box nearby with a couple of lures hanging off of it, wear a vest and a floppy hat.

If anyone asks, tell them you are casting sinkers.
It's not the locals finding out what I'm making, more not wanting to spend a lot of time outdoors. There are a lot of "questionable" characters around, and enough shootings that I try not to attract undue attention.

I carry a firearm, and will use it if needed. But as I have been trying to teach my son, I will be quite happy to never have to.

A GunBroker seller has the Kaido bullet in both calibers for a reasonable price
About 15 years ago, I won an auction on GB for a Norinco 1911. About 3 hours later, the transmission imploded on our minivan. Contacted the seller, contacted GB, explained my situation and apologized. Was banned 2 days later.

About 15 years ago, I won an auction on GB for a Norinco 1911. About 3 hours later, the transmission imploded on our minivan. Contacted the seller, contacted GB, explained my situation and apologized. Was banned 2 days later.
GunBroker is only useful for me for buying lead bullets

GunBroker will side with a seller with lots of sales 99.9% of the time because $$ talks

I haven't bought a modern gun off GB in forever

I’ve been buying my conicals from Gimcrack & Bunkum and have been pleased with the results and price. Actually received a couple hundred .36 Colt conicals this week from him.

I get my .50 cal 460 grainers from Bullshop. They are quality conicals. All within one grain of each other and the sizing is perfect. I get great accuracy with them as well.​

~Bullets ~ - The Bull Shop

Global web icon
https://bullshop.weebly.com/bullets.htmlWe have been supplying cast bullets to customers now for about 25 years. In that time we have learned that when it comes to shooting lead alloy bullets in all types of firearms that one size does not fit all. This is why instead of stocking a pre-made line of bullets we prefer instead to work n each order on a custom level. With input from the customer we can determine what design of bullets, hardness of bullet, diameter of bullet and type of lube has the greatest possibility of achieving ...

Back