• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Where To Buy Flints?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burlesontom

.45 Cal
Reaction score
I should have my new flint rifle in a couple of weeks and wanted to ask where is everyone getting their flints from? I know about TOW but wondered if there was maybe someplace better. (cheaper)

Last edited:
Pecatonica River sells them also. I'm new to flintlocks so I order a few from them and TOW. I can't really say which is better or worse since I haven't compared them yet.

Thanks. I looked at TOW after I posted this thread and the flints I will need are $23 for a dozen. I will order those and then try again to knap some of my own. I don’t live too far from the Georgetown flint area known for having good flint/chert rock. It’s there just for picking it up. Sounds like a fun experiment.

I usually pick them up at TRADE FAIRS, sometimes a vendor has some and didn't update their price, or buy a few here and there, ask for a deal, you might get one, Depending on where you live, there are several going on this coming Labor Day Weekend.

If you are interested in making your own, I have flint spalls already spalled to make gun flints in your are interested.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Attachments

• spalls.JPG
    spalls.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 0
I should have my new flint rifle in a couple of weeks and wanted to ask where is everyone getting their flints from? I know about TOW but wondered if there was maybe someplace better. (cheaper)
Don't know if cheaper, but Heritage Products has English & French flints. Flints are after all a Hand Made product! We're fortunate anyone is even making the darn things! Good luck

Don't know if cheaper, but Heritage Products has English & French flints. Flints are after all a Hand Made product! We're fortunate anyone is even making the darn things! Good luck
I second Heritage Products, it's where I buy my flints. Good people to do business with.

I second Heritage Products, it's where I buy my flints. Good people to do business with.

I second this- just ordered 2 weeks ago- had my flints in 3 days.
Just an FYI-I placed an order last week with Heritage and they are out of stock on the flints. They refunded my purchase price. Ended up getting a dozen English Flints from TOW.

Heritage must have had a run on flints after this posting because I went over to them today and they were out of stock

Back