• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where do you store your powder?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Turn in your Man Card on the way out, Mr. "69 cal". 😏"

And your point is what?

There is a lot of safety information in the warnings of products.

I keep all my powder in handy open top barrels right next to the woodstove so it stays dry. 🤣

Oh, thats pretty good, have to keep it dry. I usually keep mine next to open bags containing linseed oil-soaked rags that I use to rub down stocks. It might be too damp there so i'll try your way. Thanks!

Well, the "joke" is that we men many times eschew reading instructions.

I hate explaining punchlines. 😒
*edit* Greg beat me to it.

wm

Thanks man but your "exploding punchlines" is better than what I came up with. The short of it is, some people take things way too seriously! LOL

Yep, my sense of humor can be low at times, I agree.

Reading instructions, I do that, I always have.

Saves time, money, headaches and ruining things.

I was raised by my Grandmother who lived thru the Depression and was frugal, might have something to do with my lack of sense of humor. She read instructions since she was a widow.

To be honest, I read them too. I spent thirty years working on stuff that glows blue.
It's kind of a requirement and just a plain ole good idea.

What drives my wife nuts is constantly reading product ingredients at the store.

wm

"What drives my wife nuts is constantly reading product ingredients at the store."

Was reading a seasoning that was on the table while eating.

It contained sodium silicate, sand.

"What drives my wife nuts is constantly reading product ingredients at the store."

Was reading a seasoning that was on the table while eating.

It contained sodium silicate, sand.
Then you get the ones that say stuff like "May contain a percentage of insect parts."
Did I have to pay extra for those? :oops:

wm (picks his teeth with a bug leg)

Mine is in a cabinet next to a window. In a fire, open window, throw. I had always heard that Pyrodex deteriorated with age. If it doesn't, I wonder if mine is still good.

1613317182674.png

Good one. :thumb:

Like I said, "it doesn't" it's about as dangerous as cooking popcorn naked without a lid on the pan.

I'm a retired firefighter. What you say is correct. Good analogy.

It's sort of funny seeing them cook off. Things go flinging like toy tops. I got hit in the chest by one. It fell to my hand, and I kept it in my locker for years. It wasn't a bullet. They generally stay where they sit it was the brass shell.. I was about 6' away from the pile that was a shelf.

Spare refrigerator in the garage. Buddy years ago a volunteer firefighter told me about getting cold Coke out of a fridge once the fire was out. They are well insulated. Seemed like the safest place in the house in case of fire to me.

Back