• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where did I put that damn patch knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbfos

32 Cal.
Reaction score
A long time ago in woods far far away, I young boy used to put on his kilt for revolutionary war re-enactments carry abound a Bess several feet taller than he was and have an incredible time spending period weekends amidst big clouds of smoke eating from wooden bowls and trenchers.
That annoying thing called life came along and got in the way of all that fun sent him off to see the world in the Navy he traveled the world sewed his wild oats grew up and settled down in Jamestown NY.
He sat at a steel mill supervising the maintenance department wondering what had become of all the fun and wonder that used to be in his life and it hit him BLACK POWDER that wonderful substance that was so much fun when he was younger !
I have sense gotten a T/C renegade in .54 (gift from a family member that no longer used it) and just yesterday at a fur trappers trade show I stumbled across one of those "to good to pass up" deals... a cap lock Jukar pistol in .45 in firing condition for $40.00. Now here I sit on my laptop introducing myself and thinking this must be my midlife crisis kicking in and loving the hell outta it.
I've been away from black powder for a few decades other than hunting with the Renegade for the last 2 years and thinking I want to go full traditional start doing rendezvous again and switch both of my boom sticks over to Flintlocks (I just like 'em better that way) and reaching out to a community that I got away from and want to get back with...

First off, Welcome!
Secondly, thanks for your service in the Navy and in Scouting.

Thirdly, it sounds like you need to find another Brown Bess!

Welcome! :thumbsup: , You'll find out that you have a quite a few New Yorkers to help you out. Just cruise the forum an they'll pop out on you.

Welcome...just joined myself...and wouldn't you know it..I'm from NY...I also did some military service for a short 7 year stint in the Army...Thanks for your service. We don't always get a lot of "Thank You", so here's mine :hatsoff:

welcome to the forum.

thanks for you Navy service ... I was in the Army for a while, and I ran across a number that was pretty scary - about one half of one percent of the population is on active duty ... and civilians squawk about the cost of the military - go figure ... sure, it's cheaper to be a Dutchman (but, then again, who carries NATO's water, moneywise? no slap at the Dutch, by the way ...)

you are not having a 'midlife crisis' ... you are enjoying an awakening...

for what it's worth, i'd urge to get a rockbanger ... they're the most fun available of things which go 'bang,' in my opinion.

have fun, and make good smoke!

If I can find my old one it wasn't a one use item the handle had a finger guard to use a flint striker and a screw turn on it. It was a gift from a guy I used to do reenactments with when I was a kid.

Latest posts

Back