• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where can find under hammer lock??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

listone

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi!I'm newbie from Taiwan.I want some information of under hammer lock.Where can find its?I don't know this lock want DIY or where can buy?Who can tell me?Very Thanks!

First, let me welcome you to the Forum.
You honor us by taking the time to join and participate.

To answer your question about Underhammer locks, first let me say that although there were a few companies making guns with this style of lock about 20 years ago, most have gone out of business. Those remaining, no longer produce underhammer guns.

To my knowledge, there are no companies making guns with underhammer locks. A good gunsmith can create one, but it would be a custom item.

Note that I said "guns with underhammer locks" and not just locks.
This is because the reciever or frame of the gun is part of the lock for most underhammer designs.

The underhammer lock has just 2 moving parts. The hammer and the trigger.
The hammer piviots on a pin thru the reciever and has the sear notches machined into it.
The trigger has the sear machined into the forward end of it.
The Triggerguard serves the purpose of being the mainspring.

If you look at my sketch, I think you can see how these parts relate to one another:
UNDERHAMMER2.jpg

This sketch is somewhat crude and there are several designs which have been used over the years. This sketch just shows the basic idea.
I hope this helps answer your question.

Hawk Pierce in Eureka Springs AK is making underhammers and seems to have all the parts, this one hasn't got it's barrel yet ::

hawk.jpg

Hello Listone!
Of course you can find a lot of very high-quality pistols and rifles with underhammer-system in Europe. Start with Dedinski in Germany that produce very nice weapons and a little bit cheaper compared to Baumkircher:s Billinghurst produced in Switzerland.
Dedinskis adress: www.dedinski.com. ::
Regards ARILAR :thumbsup:

On[url] auctionarms.com[/url] under the blackpowder category is a guy that sells underhammers. I think he has kits and finished rifles. Try to find his products and contact him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gunbroker.com under blackpowder has a guy that sells everything from locks to barrels an d stocks for underhammers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[email protected] This e-mail address will take you to Blue Grouse Muzzleloaders In Washington State. He make underhammers. Don't know anything about his quality, but you might check him out. You will need to copy and paste the address as for some reason it isn't coming up as a link.

Now how did I know I would be proven wrong when I said no one is currently making underhammer locks?

As has been said before, There sure is a wealth of knowledge here! :)

Very Thanks all reply informations,I will try to DIY under hammer lock,Who has under hammer lock design drawing?Please e-mail to me....Vy Vy Thanks!Muzzleloading newcomer in Taiwan.
[email protected]

Feinwerkbau also produces a nice underhammer:

history.jpg

Their site: English Version

It is cheaper, as it is a serial production. The indirect trigger is a dream, but the grip was too thin for me - try it out first. I settled on a Dedinski Hale because the grip setup allows custom grips with about any variation.

Robert

I just realized the guy on auctionarms is the same as Blue Grouse. Just to safe yourself trying to find him.

Nice looking pistol! Robert, do you have any experience in Dedinskis percussionrifle?
Listone, are you intressed in a rifle or a pistol or maybe both? Is Taiwan corresponding member to MLAIC (International organisation for target-shooting with ML)?
Check it out at www.MLAIC.org.
Regards, ARILAR :thumbsup:

My name is Jordan Chen in Taiwan,I'm very interesting and research Muzzleloading rifle and pistol.It's very difficult to get muzzleloading and any informations in here(Taiwan).My teacher is Dr.Steve Bookout,he teach to me how to rifling the barrel....Anyway,I like muzzleloading technology.My dream just can DIY my rifle and pistol.
I will join MLAIC,Thanks! :redthumb:

Who handles the Feinwerkbau pistols in the US?

looks interesting.

rayb

do you have any experience in Dedinskis percussionrifle?

No, I just have his Hale type pistol. He also makes a Billinghurst pistol like the Feinwerkbau, but $$$! BTW, both are cal. 36

Robert

Back