• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

where are you ...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I’ll play along. I’m from the sportsmen paradise where we call counties parishes, where the best food is cook. Where the people are friendier, where a good time can always be passed. I‘m from south Louisiana and proud of it. God Bess each and every one of y’all.

just thought it would be nice if everyone noted the state they live in.
You must be aware that anyone who wants to make this easily visible can put the location in the "Location" box in their account profile? For example, mine says "Central North Carolina" and Daryl Crawrford's says "Lehigh Valley, PA", and yours says "long island, n.y.". So I'm not real clear on what you're trying to accomplish beyond that. Are you really wanting every member to list that info in a thread? Or are you asking people to put the info in their profiles? Am I missing something?

sorry .. i guess i should have explained better. i meant list your state in the title thingy to the left. the thing with your name, caliber, ect. if you are selling or trading
This subject has come up before.
Some folks seem to think that having a rough, or general area, listed with their screen name is somehow a bigger security breach/risk than the ton of other info they put on the internet, including pictures (often loaded with metadata)
These are the same people who think that shutting off the location feature of their cell phone makes them untrackable. 🙄

I agree it would be good info to have for each poster. Not just for trades/sales, but also for the frequent requests for advice. Often knowing where someone is can change what advice is given. Hunting regs regarding caliber/gauge and other technical data changes from state to state. Maybe if we know where someone is when they ask where to get something, someone can either help them out personally or might know a shop or resource in the poster's area.

Back