• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Where are all you Aussies and Kiwis!?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alden

Cannon
Reaction score
Now, I would never go to Australia myself -- I'm too afraid of the buggers that bite and kill you. But you lot are already there and have your own little virtual club here -- take advantage of it!

Hi . to all ..I am a kiwi I live in the North island in a town Called whanganui , where back in the late 60's a group was got together by the local museum to promote a competition for firearms using black powder this gave the sport of muzzle loading in NZ a huge leg up , at our best shoot we had 120 shot gunners , but now the price of powder has gone through the roof and usable ranges are disappearing faster than a snowball in hell and the local club no longer exists .. Getting lonely .. Rob

Hi . to all ..I am a kiwi I live in the North island in a town Called whanganui , where back in the late 60's a group was got together by the local museum to promote a competition for firearms using black powder this gave the sport of muzzle loading in NZ a huge leg up , at our best shoot we had 120 shot gunners , but now the price of powder has gone through the roof and usable ranges are disappearing faster than a snowball in hell and the local club no longer exists .. Getting lonely .. Rob
Good day to you Rob, & welcome to this forum.
Keith.

Now, I would never go to Australia myself -- I'm too afraid of the buggers that bite and kill you. But you lot are already there and have your own little virtual club here -- take advantage of it!
I only wish I could go down under. Australia from the what I can see on TV (nature and history channels) would be great to see and visit. I was raised where the cotton mouth copper heads and rattlers were everywhere and the black widow and fiddler spiders was also. I know Australia has a lot more different varieties of these critters but still I think it would a wonderful adventure.

I only wish I could go down under. Australia from the what I can see on TV (nature and history channels) would be great to see and visit. I was raised where the cotton mouth copper heads and rattlers were everywhere and the black widow and fiddler spiders was also. I know Australia has a lot more different varieties of these critters but still I think it would a wonderful adventure.
Since I settled here over 50 years ago RH, life here certainly has been an adventure! I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
Keith.
Dam-Flats-REDUCED.jpg
Cattail Pond in Butterfly Valley. Our two houses are to the right of this image built up higher on the side of this valley. This is one of three valleys in our forest.

Since I settled here over 50 years ago RH, life here certainly has been an adventure! I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
Keith.
Dam-Flats-REDUCED.jpg
Cattail Pond in Butterfly Valley. Our two houses are to the right of this image built up higher on the side of this valley. This is one of three valleys in our forest.
That is really beautiful. Here it's winter and nothing is green. I really like the way the trees are reflected in the water. This is a good photo. Thanks

I’m curious about your guys gun laws. Are muzzelloaders the only option for citizen ownership? Or hunting?
No Tb, but semi-autos & pump actions are banned. When John Howard confiscated our guns after the Port Arthur incident he banned the use of semi-auto & pump action shotguns & .22 bunny rifles. It is often touted that he banned assault rifles, but in fact these had been banned years before the Port Arthur shootings. The semi-auto assault rifle used at Port Arthur actually came from the police, it had been handed in some time before & was in police custody! There never was a coronal enquirie!!!
Keith.

That’s what we’re seeing here too. No interest in truth or reality, let’s make up lies to base the agenda on.

So you still have single shots and bolt cartridge guns?

No Tb, but semi-autos & pump actions are banned. When John Howard confiscated our guns after the Port Arthur incident he banned the use of semi-auto & pump action shotguns & .22 bunny rifles. It is often touted that he banned assault rifles, but in fact these had been banned years before the Port Arthur shootings. The semi-auto assault rifle used at Port Arthur actually came from the police, it had been handed in some time before & was in police custody! There never was a coronal enquirie!!!
Keith.
Keith.
Politicians have way too much power. You said there was no enquirer. And there never will be because of politics. They should have never taken your firearms. Firearms of any kind. The very politicians that took your rights have armed guards to protect them 24-7. I'm afraid that in this country the same will happen. I just hope and pray that I will live a long life and it want happen in my life time. So you are allowed to have rifles as long as there not semi auto or pump and your allowed double barreled shotguns. I'll get off my soap box now.

Politicians have way too much power. You said there was no enquirer. And there never will be because of politics. They should have never taken your firearms. Firearms of any kind. The very politicians that took your rights have armed guards to protect them 24-7. I'm afraid that in this country the same will happen. I just hope and pray that I will live a long life and it want happen in my life time. So you are allowed to have rifles as long as there not semi auto or pump and your allowed double barreled shotguns. I'll get off my soap box now.
Historical-clipped.jpg

I’m curious about your guys gun laws. Are muzzelloaders the only option for citizen ownership? Or hunting?
Hi again , In New Zealand ( about 3000 miles from Aussie) there are few restrictions on firearms ,the assault ? type auotos are supposed to be a no no and handguns can not be used for hunting but for target shooting on a proper range its all go .. As for hunting meat hunting has caused a lot of problems so that hunting on any land without permission can get you in trouble with the law but you can use about any gun that doesn't need wheels is your choice and the calibre you use is up to the hunter however there is a vocal group who would have all guns confiscated or destroyed doing their best to penalise all of us law abiding gun owners ..There are no records of anybody getting killed or injured by bears ,lions ,snakes there are none of these in (god's own) or insects , except for the hardy soles who hunt wild boars without a gun sometimes coming off second best when they grab a big boar with sharp tusks .. I have shot in Aussie too great place but .. Rob

Hi again , In New Zealand ( about 3000 miles from Aussie) there are few restrictions on firearms ,the assault ? type auotos are supposed to be a no no and handguns can not be used for hunting but for target shooting on a proper range its all go .. As for hunting meat hunting has caused a lot of problems so that hunting on any land without permission can get you in trouble with the law but you can use about any gun that doesn't need wheels is your choice and the calibre you use is up to the hunter however there is a vocal group who would have all guns confiscated or destroyed doing their best to penalise all of us law abiding gun owners ..There are no records of anybody getting killed or injured by bears ,lions ,snakes there are none of these in (god's own) or insects , except for the hardy soles who hunt wild boars without a gun sometimes coming off second best when they grab a big boar with sharp tusks .. I have shot in Aussie too great place but .. Rob
Historical-clipped.jpg

I still remember the mounds of confiscated long guns in piles, gloated over by the gun grabbing left over here. Made my heart break for you guys. Since then we remind each other on forums much like this one, that the crime rate has gone up over there due to your defenses being taken down, but that’s not completely true then is it? Or is it?

I still remember the mounds of confiscated long guns in piles, gloated over by the gun grabbing left over here. Made my heart break for you guys. Since then we remind each other on forums much like this one, that the crime rate has gone up over there due to your defenses being taken down, but that’s not completely true then is it? Or is it?
Mate I am not sure if the crime rate has risen because of gun confiscation or the new "no self defence law", or if we are just hearing more about it now, but two things I know are a fact:

1) Possessing any object specifically for the purpose of self-defence, lethal or non-lethal, is a criminal offence in Australia, & if you own a gun for other purposes, you are not allowed to use that gun for defending yourself or your family in an armed home invasion. Some people will say this is not the case, but the fact is if you do use a gun for defence, you can have your guns confiscated, your gun license revoked, & you will face charges in court.

2) As of November last year:
Common assaults are up by 28 per cent, sex offences by 33 per cent while home invasions have soared by 43 per cent. That means a home invasion occurs every two hours, 28 minutes and 37 seconds.
Keith.
Arms2-REDUCED.jpg

Latest posts

Back