Where are all you Aussies and Kiwis!?

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by Alden, May 24, 2015.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jan 17, 2019 #21

Le Loup

Le Loup

Le Loup

32 Cal.

2. Mar 7, 2019 #22

Rudyard

Rudyard

Rudyard

40 cal - b

I live in Nelson province of New Zealand , I hunt with flint rifles there are thousands of square miles just to hunt all the deer you want, when you want no closed seasons . Deer & Pigs classed as pests '.Noxious animals' is the term used . So I don't quite follow the difficulty mentioned . I write of D. O. C. lands ( Read Crown or state ) the permits free . Perhaps he lives in farm or station country . I hunted in Australia been all over the back country camped hundreds of times ( I was sort of a swaggy) never worried nor confronted by snakes and ide be down near a creek cum sundown , Got one spider bite but that's not much harm in all the years I was around Australia . Polititions (And useualy Police) are a different matter . Laws are all anti gun .Blatently stupid cant have a long arm of any age in NSW unless licensed but you can but any pre 1900 pistol . Go figure as I couldn't !.

I passed though one time with a antigue ML double rifle & a Needle fire Rook rifle these they impounded at Mascot Airport .I collected them on my later departure and they where really fumeing hostile treating me like I had AK 47s and wore cammo ( I dislike either !) .A child of five could own these two I mention with out liscence of any sort in UK . That's how stupid their laws are and most States are the same only Vieing with each other as to how negative & anti gun they can be .. This is not the case in NZ you can have stuff denied in UK. But of course there are all allways anti gun pushers in Police or Govt .However relations with the Police in regards to fire arms are largley fair & fine . Though over seas embassies /consuls seem to tell migrants they cant take their gun but they can . The Police say you can post a gun overseas but the Post office which is private wont take guns some radical Union rep perhaps but its annoying .
    Rudyard

3. Oct 7, 2019 #23

Heelerau

Heelerau

Heelerau

45 Cal.

I live in Western Australia, sympathise with Rudyard ! I have hunted and competed with muzzle loading arms since about the age of 12, when I started of with an old Pat 53 that was found in the station store room, I still have it by the way.
    Great site, have only just seen this sub forum

4. Oct 7, 2019 #24

ChrisPer

ChrisPer

ChrisPer

45 Cal.

Hi heelerau, there are indeed a few of us here...
    I shoot at Perth MLC, first owned muzzleloaders from about 1978 (shooting at Albany Western Australia) but resumed club shooting about 7 years ago.

5. Oct 7, 2019 #25

Rudyard

Rudyard

Rudyard

40 cal - b

Well Ime here in Nelson NZ there are some on British Militaria Forum but cant recall any on M L F There is ' Le Loop' up in NSW Or maybe Qld . He set up his own forum but not seen any of it since and he had mostly US posters . Not that I have the remotest objection to that.( I probably have many vices but Parochialism isn't one of them.) Some Reenactors went from WA to' do' Waterloo in 1995 but they had hired prop muskets. WA was allways anti gun I worked at Dampier in 1966 & had to improvise with jumper bits.( Heelerau 's seen some of my rough improvisations ) but I did buy a half pound tin of C&H No 4 before I went up only place 'Ive ever heard of selling half pound tins .Do you know a Darryl Melbin per chance .
    Regards Rudyard

6. Oct 7, 2019 #26

sussexmuzllodr

sussexmuzllodr

sussexmuzllodr

40 cal - b

Australia, Perfect example of what happens when the citizen winds up being docile in regards to their rights.

Sm

7. Oct 7, 2019 #27

Heelerau

Heelerau

Heelerau

45 Cal.

One of our less good characteristics, goes back to our convict heritage, we will disagree behind the systems back, but won't face it as we have learned to bitter cost that you get ground down to dust. We have at least got the Sporting Shooters Associaton of Australia, a less powerful version of your NRA, but still it does some good work.
    I too, did buy some half pound tins of C&H FFFFg, still have one empty tin !Don't know Darryl. Will catch up with ChrisPer at the range in due course !

8. Oct 7, 2019 #28

Jacobeen

Jacobeen

Jacobeen

32 Cal MLF Supporter

While recognising your right to an opinion, might I ask if you've been to Australia? Perhaps tried to shoot and had some terrible experience? I've been shooting here for 55 years, pistols, rifles and guns; modern and historic without thinking I'm oppressed or limited. The quality of elected representatives and police must always be monitored but I think your swipe was odd coming from the glass house in the the shadow of Brexit.

J

9. Oct 8, 2019 #29

oldtrobh

oldtrobh

oldtrobh

32 Cal.

Hi , I am from Whanganui NZ and I have shot in Aus ( Adelaide) and made some good friends there even bought a rifle (Lancaster pattern) from the then GRRW a match winner .. anyone want to talk flinters I am here

10. Oct 8, 2019 #30

Rudyard

Rudyard

Rudyard

40 cal - b

Whanganui just accross the strieght . I speak fluent Flintlocks , I should, I've made enough & shot them for 60 years !.You could PM me if it suits you . Cheers Rudyard