Where are all you Aussies and Kiwis!?

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by Alden, May 24, 2015.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jan 17, 2019 #21

Le Loup

Le Loup

Le Loup

32 Cal.

2. Mar 7, 2019 #22

Rudyard

Rudyard

Rudyard

40 Cal

I live in Nelson province of New Zealand , I hunt with flint rifles there are thousands of square miles just to hunt all the deer you want, when you want no closed seasons . Deer & Pigs classed as pests '.Noxious animals' is the term used . So I don't quite follow the difficulty mentioned . I write of D. O. C. lands ( Read Crown or state ) the permits free . Perhaps he lives in farm or station country . I hunted in Australia been all over the back country camped hundreds of times ( I was sort of a swaggy) never worried nor confronted by snakes and ide be down near a creek cum sundown , Got one spider bite but that's not much harm in all the years I was around Australia . Polititions (And useualy Police) are a different matter . Laws are all anti gun .Blatently stupid cant have a long arm of any age in NSW unless licensed but you can but any pre 1900 pistol . Go figure as I couldn't !.

I passed though one time with a antigue ML double rifle & a Needle fire Rook rifle these they impounded at Mascot Airport .I collected them on my later departure and they where really fumeing hostile treating me like I had AK 47s and wore cammo ( I dislike either !) .A child of five could own these two I mention with out liscence of any sort in UK . That's how stupid their laws are and most States are the same only Vieing with each other as to how negative & anti gun they can be .. This is not the case in NZ you can have stuff denied in UK. But of course there are all allways anti gun pushers in Police or Govt .However relations with the Police in regards to fire arms are largley fair & fine . Though over seas embassies /consuls seem to tell migrants they cant take their gun but they can . The Police say you can post a gun overseas but the Post office which is private wont take guns some radical Union rep perhaps but its annoying .
    Rudyard