• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Where’s the best place to buy kinnickkinnick?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hell you say,I'm suddenly needing to go to my cabin and spruce up the yard....Is there a start date on the new law......Be Safe>>>>>>Wally
Feb. next year, but honestly it probably started Tues. it would be kinda' of silly to arrest someone that won't even come to court before then and be dismissed.

Looks like crazy crow is out of the smokable business now
Too bad they had some good stuff
Never thought I’d see the day It’s easier for me to buy weed online than tobacco
Not complaining
Crazy Crow has kinnikinnick listed on page 130 of their 2022 printed catalog. I just called their customer service line and they do still sell it, they just won't list it online due to varying tobacco sale laws. Crazy Crow requires buyers to provide proof of age that the buyer is 21+ years old before they will complete the order.

What I was told is you can place the order by phone and then will need to email a copy of your photo ID so they can verify age. Easy day

Take a look at the website for Wandering Bull. They are located in Warner, NH and have a product called "woodland blend smoke mix" that is found under their Botanicals/Herbals section.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

JB , My anger is more like Frustration at the Issue,,,State Law makes it LEAGAL,,, BUT It's a FEDERAL OFFENSE..... Didn't our ancestors Fight a WAR over that. THANK YOU for pointing this out..I don't Even SMOKE, but it's time that OUR LEADERSHIP WAKE UP ......People want it ,But OUR BABY SITTERS DON'T. I am OLD enough to make my own decsisoin on my life style ,,,without being THREATEND, with the loss of my CONSTITUTIAL RIGHTS..BE SAFE >>>>>WALLY

I’m in Ohio, I’d like to buy some for my pipe. What else is good to smoke in your pipe? This year for muzzloading I’m going to go all traditional and I’d like to smoke my pipe for the first time, but I’d like get some natural herbs.. (not the illegal kind lol)
Hello from PA You might try Grandfather's Spirit in Minnesota. I've purchased smoking products and herbal teas from them. They are slow but I have always gotten what I ordered.

I used to use a smoking mixture (no tobacco) from an indian tribe in New York. Actually, they had three different mixtures. I sold it in my ml shop as well. Sorry, can't remember the name, some googling might bring it up.

JB , My anger is more like Frustration at the Issue,,,State Law makes it LEAGAL,,, BUT It's a FEDERAL OFFENSE..... Didn't our ancestors Fight a WAR over that. THANK YOU for pointing this out..I don't Even SMOKE, but it's time that OUR LEADERSHIP WAKE UP ......People want it ,But OUR BABY SITTERS DON'T. I am OLD enough to make my own decsisoin on my life style ,,,without being THREATEND, with the loss of my CONSTITUTIAL RIGHTS..BE SAFE >>>>>WALLY
I agree 100% BUT! You have to mind your P's & Q's in deed and speech when not alone no matter who it is. I've seen it. I've experienced it.

It was called the 10th Amendment.
And the people lost that war.
When the war was over they labeled it the "Civil War".

Take a look at the website for Wandering Bull. They are located in Warner, NH and have a product called "woodland blend smoke mix" that is found under their Botanicals/Herbals section.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper
Most likely made from dried moose balls, laying around the woods everywhere.

Few years ago, my wife and sister made earrings from them dipped when dry in clear plastic paint. Then assembled with the pierced ear hoops and a design hand painted on them. Packaged in sale bags 12 on a sheet at 15 bucks each. They made a few thousand bucks on them until it became a pain to do. All the small stores loved them as they got them for 90 bucks a sheet.

Never thought to grind them and add a bit of tobacky and package as Kinnikinic.

I would suggest The Sioux Trading Post (Prairie Edge) in Rapid City, South Dakota. They do a lot of business with the native people in that area, both buying and selling. I have ordered from them online, and also visited their store a few years ago.

Maybe also Taos Herb Company. I have ordered from them, and they are good folks.

Kinnikinnik, specifically, is bearberry (Uva ursi). Another herb that was used a lot on the plains is red willow bark (Cornus stolonifera). I have bought it from Sioux Trading Post, and Taos Herb normally carries it, but neither of those places have it right now. There is an outfit called Medicine Man Crafts in North Carolina which appears to have red willow bark in stock. Considering their product description is the same as that used by Taos Herb, word for word, I would guess they both get it from the same supplier. Medicine Man and Taos Herb both have herbal blends for smoking that contain true kinnikinnik, as well as other plant materials. The Medicine Man blend appears to have red willow bark, while the Taos Herb blend does not.

There used to be an outfit that produced purportedly authentic native smoking blends in several different varieties, back in the seventies. They had a "Ceremonial Blend," a "Northwest Coast" blend, etc., and they advertized in the blackpowder shooting magazines, catering to the buckskinner/rendezvous crowd. Whoever that company was, they hung on for a long time, and may even still be in business. Their mixes were pretty coarse, though, and actually had chunks of wood in them. The botanicals I have bought from Prairie Edge and Taos Herb Company were much higher quality.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob
Well , struck out at Log cabin shop, TOW doesn’t sell it, crazy crow was a no go, however Medicine Man Crafts had it and I got some from there. Wasn’t badly priced.. 13$ for 2 ounces shipped to my house.

Well , struck out at Log cabin shop, TOW doesn’t sell it, crazy crow was a no go, however Medicine Man Crafts had it and I got some from there. Wasn’t badly priced.. 13$ for 2 ounces shipped to my house.
You have to call Crazy Crow to order it, they won't sell online. They told me to email a copy of my ID to verify I was over 21. Ordered yesterday. Give them a call.

Latest posts

Back