• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

When's your first day?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffalo

36 Cal.
Reaction score
For all you big game hunters using smokepoles. When is the first day you will be able to hunt?

Nebraska early whitetail doe starts October 1st.

I will be hunting with my flintlock on from Oct. 1st. - 10th. I can purchase an antlerless permit for $11 and take two doe.

Central part of North Carolina starts November 2nd, runs through sundown January 1st...2 buck and 4 does tags come with the annual license.

ML deer, Nov 2nd through Nov 15th. Bear, Nov 9th through 15th & Dec 2nd through Dec 7th. Deer season (modern) goes on through Jan 4th. Fall turkey Oct 26th through Jan 25th but with gaps.

Squirrel, Sept 7th through Feb 28th.

Deer opens Aug 1 and runs through the end of the year (3 deer). Ptarmigan opens Aug 20 IIRC and closes in April (20 ptarmigan). Snowshoe hare is open year round with no bag limit.

Antlerless deer opens October 19th to the 26th....late season flintlock only December 26th to January 11th of 2014...some zones go thru January 25th of 2014...of course we also have a 2 week deer season where you can use a front stuffer, December 2nd to the 14th....also a 3 day season for bear in November!

I am really looking forward to hunt'n for deer this year as the leaves change color with my smokepole! :v

September 14th! Colorado M/L Elk!

Been burning large amounts of 2F gettin' ready.

I cast a bunch of round balls the other week for the .62. Included 5 special ones at the end of the run from a pot enriched with 2 earlier balls dug out of dead elk. Mojo - don't ya know!

I've got those 5 in a separate bag just for the hunt. I'm thinking I cain't miss!

I hope.

Good luck to all you hunters.

Greg

Early ML deer in Kentucky is the third weekend in October, this year it's the 19th and 20th. That is followed quickly by early fall turkey, Oct. 26-Nov. 1.

To keep us sane until that time, though, regular squirrel season opens Aug. 17.

Spence

In Nebraska fall turkey starts Sept. 15th to Jan 31 2014. I have the T/C New Englander 12 gauage ready to go.

Muzzleloader antelope Sept 15th to Sept 30th. Sadly, I didn't draw a tag. They also have a late doe/fawn season but I will be hunting white tails at that time of the year.

Cow elk on private land starts August 15th to October 20th and then the whole month of December.

Unfortunately, I didn't draw a tag. Can only get a cow tag once every 5 years in Nebraska.

Bull elk tag is once in a life time draw. No such luck yet.

Oh, how I do miss deer hunting in Ga. I lived there 62 years and it can't be beat. A 12 deer limit is awesome! :thumbsup:

Here in Alabama smoke pole season starts Nov. 12th, the end of the season is Jan.31st. 12 deer ain't nothing! I can shoot 2 does a day till the end of the season! :thumbsup:

Muzzleloading Deer Season is a pitiful Dec 9 - 17th, but you can use m/l during the regular season.

You can say that again. I have been using muzzleloader only going back to 1976. I don't even own a modern rifle anymore.

Jim

We are allowed a buck a day all deer season, August 3- January 5 :grin: (as far as private property goes. Management areas are different) Does are allowed during archery and doe week during general gun.

Latest posts

Back