• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

When I come back from Mexico

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leonredbeard

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Do any of you remember the 'reinveted wheellock'? I was packing my goodies from past experiments yesterday to take over to the storage area. I lifted the reinvented Wheellock out of a box and felt desire to wind it up one more time. Some time ago I mentioned that I got it to light its pan by putting a little thumb pressure on the dog. So I wanted to see if that had been a fluke.
Sure enough the same experiment worked again. So the old grey matter began working independently of my will. The pistole lock that I was trying to build, I had basically given up on even before we decided to go to Mexico. Besides it was too small to work with the elevin gauge barrel I was making it for. So I put the reinvented wheellock up against that barrel and sure enough it fits perfectly. And the upshot is that it does not look too small for that barrel. Now, some of the early wheellock pistoles were rude and crude, and elevin gauge ought to be rude and crude. The piece of red maple I have for it will be big enough to acommodate the big lock as well as the big barrel. I just have to figure a way to get more down pressure on the dog. Well, of course, you know this will be a long way down the road.
volatpluvia

I guess I missed the part about you going to Mexico...is this vacation or vocation? Anyway, hope you have a great time and we will be waiting for the wheel lock pistol to be developed upon your return. Emery

Volatpluvia,

Knowing you, I expect you will just about have it done before you leave. :grin: :bow: Hee hee. :hmm:

Mazokid,
My wife and I are going to Mexico for two years as voluntary missionaries for our denomination. So I guess it would be vocation.

Bioprof,
I gave it some thought, but I have too much other stuff to do in the next four weeks.
volatpluvia

OK, NOW I remember the Mexico trip. Have a great time, stay safe and keep us posted. Emery

Yes, this is a busy time of the year. Just this weekend there are two movies that I want to go to, a college play, a community play, a show choir concert, then next week my daughter has a band concert and a choir concert. Then finally, it's the traditional Christmas shopping on the day before Christmas eve. :surrender:

Back