Quantcast

what's wrong here?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Walkingeagle

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Besides the obvious, looks like you started building pressures for #4&5, which caused you to shoot high.
Quick wipe after 3rd and you’da shot a “60”. Lol
Walk

Carbon 6

Cannon
Reaction score
Depends on how you score, the lower right hit broke the line of the X .
some might call that a 20, which would give you a score of 56

nkbj

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
:p Is it even possible to achieve over 50 with five shots?
Well, if he was to set that target up sidewise like shootin' a playing card yeah, with five tries he just might!

tenngun

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone spot what is wrong here? The '31' is my competitor number. The red is my score.
BTW, I won a 100 yard bench rest match at a big shoot using an offhand rifle against the genuine heavy bench guns.
This was in Arkansas, you know where the favorite password is 2-10-11 eyes finger toes. Maybe the scorer counted on hey foot instead of straw foot and got confused
( I lived over half my life in Arkansas for those that think I was pickin’ on them I’m an Arky by adoption)

dave951

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Having worked in the scoring part of a large match, I can tell you, after scoring 500+ targets, yer eyes go crossed and yer cipherin gets off kilter

Grenadier1758

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I wish he had numbered the shots. It's possible that the 10 o'clock shot in the 10 ring is a double.

I think the fouling built up if he wasn't wiping and the increased pressure lifted the impact. One of Dutch's target analysis discussions.

Carbon 6

Cannon
Reaction score
Having worked in the scoring part of a large match, I can tell you, after scoring 500+ targets, yer eyes go crossed and yer cipherin gets off kilter
I've been on the other end of that. I almost got robbed of a win once because someone glossed over my target. When the results of the match were called the winner had less points than I did. I didn't raise a stink, but my club mates did. I walked away the win and a nice powder horn.
Actually the guy scoring the target did just fine, it was the guy calculating the winners who needed glasses.