• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What's up from North Dakota

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Schmitz

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey folks,
Just thought I say hi for the first time. I've been shooting a T/C Hawken .50 percussion for about seven years now and an Austin/Halleck .50 flintlock mountain rifle for about two. Can't get the flinter to spark very good but that's for another topic!!

:hatsoff: Welcome to the forum. New to flintlocks myself but I guarantee you there's a lot of folks here that can get you fixed up with your flinter problems.

Howdy Trapper. Welcome aboard! :hatsoff:

I have an Austin & Halleck flinter myself. It was my first, and so far only, flinter. It sparks great. Give us a post over in the flintlock section and we'll see if we can't get yours sparking as good as mine does. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum. Just post your problem over on the Flintlock thread and I'll bet you will get all kinds of suggestions. You have a couple of good rifles; I had an A-H flinter for 6 years and no problems at all. Sold it because I got a left hand flinter built by a friend. Emery

Ryan,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have you with us.
Hope you will visit and contribute often.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

welcome Madtrapper!

:hatsoff:

pull up a stump and check the articles and flintlock forum. You can either use the search feature or just peruse the posts on the forum.

Or just ask I guess too!

Marc

Welcome to the Forum. I'm a ol Fargo boy myself. Graduated back in 69, did a couple of tours in RVN and moved out here to Oregon. I've got a flinter myself and there was a learning curve but I think, and that's where my wife says I get in trouble alot,that I've got most of the bugs worked out. Anyway, welcome once again.

Welcome. :hatsoff:
Feel free to ask -- You'll almost certainly get the answer you need ... and then some :haha:

Hello, Ryan. Good to hear from you. I lived at Cayuga for 10 years. Knew the folks at Crandalls Fur House, they were a major fur buyer, but that was 1966-76, don't know if they are still in business. Lots of flintlock help in that section.

Back