Thank you. Thank you so much for helping me. I think I've found half the answers to the first question.Pulka, are you OK with the answer(s) you got? I have also been researching the French rifled musket models. It was hard to understand. Finally, I found a book "Du Silex au piston. La grande adventure des fusils reglementaires Francois 1717-1865." Each model has a chapter devoted to it. Maybe if there is something you still have a question about, I can try and help you. George in Jonesboro, GA
I still have some information I would like to know more about.
First of all, there are 7 things I want to ask you.
1. As far as you know, please let me know all the French musket and rifle that use the percussion cap. (I think I know most models, but there may be something I don't know.)
2. What is the first french line infantry Rifle-Musket model? it is M1857?
2. What is the ammunition of M1842, M1853? Is it a round ball?
4. Did France Use Nessler Ball on Muskets?
5. Which model of the minie ball start using on the rifle-Muskets?
6. What are the French musket and rifle models used in the Crimean War? Please tell me everything.
7. What are the ammunition used in the Crimean War? Please tell me everything.
Please answer as much as you know.
I'll be hoping for your answer.