• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What's the deal with a Japanese 69 cal musket?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I gather Miroku made some .69 Brown Besses because they either didn't know they were .75s or they just using existing tooling for another musket.

I just did a search on here and read about some inferior barrels being shipped over that were two or three piece barrels with a lip inside them. I just got off fleabay the borescope camera to use on my Android phone and I'll be sure and check out the bore before I go very far.

I had one and it shot great. The lock, trigger gaurd and side plate looked like Harpers Ferry. The pipes were just big brass tubes and a patch box similar to numric arms. Two piece stock of some sort of light colored wood.
I restocked it and cut it off at eighteen inches making a canoe gun. Gave it to a friend now past. But I would be scared of shooting it now. It was a two piece barrel and you could feel a bump at the joint.

The bicentennial Navy Arms (Miruko Brown Bess’s) were all standard at .69 / .70 same with their earlier Charlevilles, the story is that it was cheaper for their production. In time Miruko started offering some .75 Brown Bess’s after complaints from the distributors.

I’ve had a few over the years, one I tailored down to a British officers fusil by slimming down the stock.

Excellent locks ! I don’t think I’ve seen a better flintlock repro on a musket since these were made, the locks are like lighters.

What I know of them they were copied from a tower musket found all their locks are smaller like the pistol. As for firing I heard they good.

Latest posts

Back