• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whats on your holiday table?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to have squirrel again but alas not this year, could not get any quail either. This year just Bison rib-eye, green bean casserole, Thomas Jefferson Biscuits (my wife's favorite from Walter Staib's "City Tavern Cookbook"), and mashed potatoes.
The next night my wife made Potato Dumplings with Grandma Mad L's recipe handed down, covered with mushroom gravy. The left over potatoe dumpling got sliced and fried for breakfast....we made a large batch of mashed potatoes just so we could stretch them out in German tradition.
We used to do a Maryland Stuffed ham, make large slits in a butt or shank ham, stuff slits with cabbage and onion wrap the rest in with the ham in cheese cloth and boil for 20 minutes a pound. I would take the leftover ham, cabbage and smashed taters, mix em all together, throw a stick of butter in a 12" cast iron skillet and make my version of the English bubble and squeak.

Please forgive my ignorance but what do muzzelloaders (hunters, gathers) have for there Thanksgiving meal? Just curious as I am not a hunter and I was surprised to here that you still eat squirrel. Any strange dishes?. Happy Thanksgiving & God Bless............Labrat
I don't have a holiday table but I do have a regular table......... :D

Back