• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WHAT'S MY DAMN PROBLEM?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
WHAT'S MY DAMN PROBLEM?
Several good people have asked this question so while the book of of you are sin church or St. Mattress I'll sneak this in as briefly as possible. in this inappropriate forum.
Kidneys keep your blood clean and your water content down by making you gazelle off to the the John whenever inconvenient.
When your kidneys quit functioning you blood gets muddy and your lungs fill with water and now you can drown without the awkwardness of the swimsuit.
Dialysis cleans your blood and removes excess water so your lungs don't both fill and drown you by preventing their absorb of oxygen.
This will allow you to spend more time hunting or at the range.My three sessions a week ideally remove a little over 7 pounds of water which equates to 7 pounds of water or 7 pints which is about 3 and a half quarts of water on a good day. Less on others.
Take care of those kidneys and you'll spend more time
Out terrorizing small animals and targets. Avoid bad liquor or, as in my case, a bad doctor.
Dutch Schoultz

Unfortunately a bad Dr. isn't discovered until the damage is done. Keep up the dialysis.
HE FELT AND I AGREED THAT 203 POUNDS WAS A BIT MUCH FOR A DWARF SO HE PUT ME ON A VERY STRICT WATER REDUCING PILL THAT IN THREE OR FOUR MONTHS I LOST ABOUT 30 POUNDS AND TWO KIDNEYS.. HE RETIRED ALMOST IMMEDIATELY.
DUTCH

HE FELT AND I AGREED THAT 203 POUNDS WAS A BIT MUCH FOR A DWARF SO HE PUT ME ON A VERY STRICT WATER REDUCING PILL THAT IN THREE OR FOUR MONTHS I LOST ABOUT 30 POUNDS AND TWO KIDNEYS.. HE RETIRED ALMOST IMMEDIATELY.
DUTCH
Did he by any chance say your 203 pound dwarf had too much water, or did he think it was fat?

Losing that much weight in so short a time just from taking diuretics? I'll place my money on water...and that might very well indicate kidney problems from the get go. Before the bad doctor. Diuretics can cause problems, but killing your kidneys isn't usually one of them.

Bad doctors get far more credit for bad outcomes than they deserve, why give them more?

Spence

DUTCH

I completely feel for your medical issues as my dad went through a similar medical problem with Kidneys shutting down. He chose a different out come (said no to dialysis), we have been without him for Just over 10 years.

I believe your issues would be best told to a good attorney. While it will not bring back your health, it may help stop that Dr. from taking up residence in another state and causing problems for some other person.

Doctors kill more through malpractice than crooks do with guns.... just sayin

Doctors kill more through malpractice than crooks do with guns.... just sayin
Bad doctors have always sort of impressed me with their efficiency. A person can spend a lifetime rejecting good health advice, get grossly obese, smoke for decades, abuse recreational drugs or alcohol, live on junk food and make no effort to eat a balanced diet, refuse any exercise more than punching the channel selector on the TV remote, choose idiotic alternative medical treatments and and beliefs, and he will survive. But, let him make even one short office visit to a bad doctor with the most minor complaint, and he is kaput, toes up, in short order.

I think half the people in the country have had their mother or some other loved one polished off by a bad doctor. It’s quite something to hear about.

Spence

WHAT'S MY DAMN PROBLEM?
Several good people have asked this question so while the book of of you are sin church or St. Mattress I'll sneak this in as briefly as possible. in this inappropriate forum.
Kidneys keep your blood clean and your water content down by making you gazelle off to the the John whenever inconvenient.
When your kidneys quit functioning you blood gets muddy and your lungs fill with water and now you can drown without the awkwardness of the swimsuit.
Dialysis cleans your blood and removes excess water so your lungs don't both fill and drown you by preventing their absorb of oxygen.
This will allow you to spend more time hunting or at the range.My three sessions a week ideally remove a little over 7 pounds of water which equates to 7 pounds of water or 7 pints which is about 3 and a half quarts of water on a good day. Less on others.
Take care of those kidneys and you'll spend more time
Out terrorizing small animals and targets. Avoid bad liquor or, as in my case, a bad doctor.
Dutch Schoultz
Watch your diet , watch your fluids, take your medicine and stay active. I’ve worked with a girl about fifteen years, her mama has been on dialysis these fifteen + years now. May you do as well.

I can completely understand the "Bad Doctor" situation. I've seen a few of them through the VA. The one I see now is a bit iffy in his own right; like his Mama pat him on his head too hard. Hang in there.

Dr5x I know what you are going through. I take 5 water pills a day lost 50 pounds in 6 weeks. Now kidneys are screwed up. Wish you all the best.going to start dialysis this week.

I completely feel for your medical issues as my dad went through a similar medical problem with Kidneys shutting down. He chose a different out come (said no to dialysis), we have been without him for Just over 10 years.

I believe your issues would be best told to a good attorney. While it will not bring back your health, it may help stop that Dr. from taking up residence in another state and causing problems for some other person.
NO. HE RETIRED IMMEDIATELY AFTER HE REALIZED WHAT HE HAD DONE.

THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTFUL RESPONSE. DIALYSIS ISN'T AT ALL BAD, JUST BORING I'M NOT SURE YOUR DAD DID THE RIGHT THING
DUTCH

Watch your diet , watch your fluids, take your medicine and stay active. I’ve worked with a girl about fifteen years, her mama has been on dialysis these fifteen + years now. May you do as well.
OH. I WATCH EVERYTING. I ENJOY MY LIMITED WATER AS THOUGH IT WERE FINE WINE AND WHILE MY DIET HAS CHANGED A LOT. IT HAS BEEN FUN EXPLORING NEW AVENUES TO FOLLOW. I HAVE JUST REDISCOVERED OATMEAL AND REGARD ITAS A TREAT.
SERIOUSLY.
DUTCH

Dutch, i'm sorry you're on dialysis.

i have Schmidt's autoimmune syndrome. 50 years ago my adrenal glands conked out, then my thyroid and diabetes for about 20 years. In December my doctor said my kidneys were down to 67 percent function from 81 percent.

IMO: "Water pills" are very bad news. Two of my friends died while taking "water pills" prescribed by doctors. Another is on dialysis. Have another friend who is doing poorly after taking "water pills" for a few months. But he refuses to stop the pills.

OH. I WATCH EVERYTING. I ENJOY MY LIMITED WATER AS THOUGH IT WERE FINE WINE AND WHILE MY DIET HAS CHANGED A LOT. IT HAS BEEN FUN EXPLORING NEW AVENUES TO FOLLOW. I HAVE JUST REDISCOVERED OATMEAL AND REGARD ITAS A TREAT.
SERIOUSLY.
DUTCH

MY DAUGHTER WATCHES ME. VICIOUSLY. I DARE NOT SIN
I HAVE MISSED THE TASTE OF SLT SO DAMN MUCH I CHEATED LAST NIGHT AND SPRINKLED SOME ON A SPAGHETTI DINNER.
TASTED TERRIBLE. ITS BEEN3 YEARS I HAVE BEEN AVOIDING IT AND APPARENTLY LOST THE TASTE.. TASTED LIKE SOME CHEMICAL MIX. RUINED THE SPAGHETTI.
WHAT A SURPRISE.
DUTCH

MY DAUGHTER WATCHES ME. VICIOUSLY. I DARE NOT SIN
I HAVE MISSED THE TASTE OF SLT SO DAMN MUCH I CHEATED LAST NIGHT AND SPRINKLED SOME ON A SPAGHETTI DINNER.
TASTED TERRIBLE. ITS BEEN3 YEARS I HAVE BEEN AVOIDING IT AND APPARENTLY LOST THE TASTE.. TASTED LIKE SOME CHEMICAL MIX. RUINED THE SPAGHETTI.
WHAT A SURPRISE.
DUTCH

Probably had iodine in it, which tastes terrible and is ironically, hard on your kidneys.

I grew up with a lot of salt on everything. Then in the early eighties I got caught up in the lower the salt thing. It didn’t take long before I found I had lost my taste for it. There are few things I add salt to now. After eight mile slow jog today my B/p was 116/ 72, and my kidney function is very good. Salts not a problem for me. Weight... that’s another story.

Latest posts

Back