• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What's in your powder horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Walker

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I should have posted this here, didn't mean to forget the Flintlockers we are all brothern of the smokepoles.

FFFg is in mine

Attachments

• DSCF5217.jpg
    DSCF5217.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 40
Fg Goex Olde Eynsford.

I hadn't shot all of August, and when I took it out last weekend for goose season, my plug was loose. It was loose enough it could fall out under gravity. I've had this horn for 2-3 years, and the plug was always tight, I'm not sure what happened. Apparently the dry summer caused it to shrink. I discovered this as I was trying to get out the door, so I did the quickest fix I could think of with what was in the garage. I rubbed it in beeswax. Sure enough, it seems to have done more than a satisfactory job in making it fit snug, or at least glued it in. Does anyone else have any tricks to making a plug fit tight again?

Depends on what I'm shooting. Right now it's Schuetzen 3F for the 40, but once squirrel season is over and after I bust a javelina here soon, it'll go back to Olde Eynsford 2F. The Swiss 1.5 is for those new cartridges everyone keeps talking about.

Back