• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What's all this talk about Turkey Hunting ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
LOL.....finally hit the 2 week mark so it won't be long now...and got all the major projects and to-do's done so there won't be anything nagging at me.

After being laid up December/January/half of February from darn near breaking my foot Thanksgiving week, I finally got out to the range yesterday and blew the cobwebs out of the 28ga Smoothbore Flintlock. First shots I've fired since punching deer tags in November but by the time the range session was over I'd settled back in the groove OK...and have another couple range sessions planned before the 11th, just because.

Laying out a couple sets of hunting clothes / boots plus my vest today to spray soak with PC/HC Permethrin, and I'll be ready...14 days to go:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150411T06&p0=207&msg=Turkey+Season+Opener

Yea, I know the feeling. I've got 4 weeks to go.

Got the deeks out this week and touched up some paint on their heads and wings. Swabbed the bore on the fowler (just because). Thinking about shooting one or two shots at the pattern board just to make me feel better.

Watching you early starters is the only thing keeping me going right now.

Good luck all.

Greg

19 days till our gun season starts. Have not been seeing anything on the places where I can hunt though. :(
Wonder what happened...? :confused:

Glad your getting after them,looking forward to a report. We don't have enough birds to worry with in the area of East Texas I hunt so no hunt for me. I could pay 500.00 or more for 2 days in the hill country but think I'll pass and wait for squirrels in May. So it goes in Texas.

caddo said:
I could pay 500.00 or more for 2 days in the hill country but think I'll pass and wait for squirrels in May.
Whew, that's too steep for me just for a couple turkey hunts...sounds like the spring squirrel season is the way to go...wish we had a spring squirrel season here.

Getting closer...sprayed my hunting clothes, vest, boots with permethrin last week...got all my honey-do's done...had another good range trip today...and 3 more scheduled before April 11th.

Had my 4th planned pre-season tune-up range trip today and it was one of those days we all have occasionally, where it seemed if I just pointed the front end downrange the PRB found its way into the bullseye.

Practiced from a sitting hunting position, elbow braced down on my chest, 2" Aim-Point sticker on a paper plate at 35yds, and had holes cutting each other. 5th and last pre-season range trip is set for Thursday and I'll use a life size paper Turkey target then.

Now if only the 'Longbeard Gods' will take pity me I might be able to punch a tag... :idunno:

Either they're so scared discovering they're in range of me and my Flintlock that they just have a stroke and fall down.
Or...they get laughing so hard at seeing me with a Flintlock they pass out from lack of oxygen.
( but I win both ways )
:wink:

Back